Strange hl2 new Dock video

E

elhispano

Ahhhhhhh! i am confuse! i have seen the new hl2 videos, the firts video (g man) looks very good, better that the old video but the second video (in the docks) looks like pretty strange no ?,

The ilumination its differents or should i leave the drugs ? (its a bad joke)

I know that the e3 videos can looks differents because they were recorder by a cam but the new video is very different... more.. more... ugly ?

Please post your opinions and the differences between the 2 videos (if they are)

Sorry about my english i am spanish :eek:

Attachments

• hl2puerto.jpg
    hl2puerto.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 498
parece extrano? En que manera?

El video por el puerto aparece ocurir como las 8:00 PM. Ya va bajando el sol y claro es un poco mas oscuro. Tambien parece que la computadora no podia tanto con esta vista y tal vez solo tiene 15 FPS.

Los colores me parecen excelent auque el agua parece un poco como plastico al principio (cuando mirando lejos).

Soy de Mexico. No hablo espaniol. Yo canto la bibliotecha con los ojos azules.

Asta luego mis amigos.

Wow old your Spanish Sucks and your spelling is horrible :)

Originally posted by Ahnteis
parece extrano? En que manera?

El video por el puerto aparece ocurir como las 8:00 PM. Ya va bajando el sol y claro es un poco mas oscuro. Tambien parece que la computadora no podia tanto con esta vista y tal vez solo tiene 15 FPS.

Los colores me parecen excelent auque el agua parece un poco como plastico al principio (cuando mirando lejos).

Looks strange? In which way?

The docks video looks like happening at 8:00 PM. The sun is hidding so it's a little darker. It also looks like the computer wasn't able to manage this scene like it did with the other one and maybe it only have 15 FPS.

More or less it says that, hope that helps.

Sorry - forgot a translation.

Last sentence is "The colors look good although the water looks a bit like plastic at the first (when looking distant)".

I have only taken 1 semester of spanish, and it has been a couple months.

I think it's the lack of anti-aliasing in all of the vids.

I think it's the lighting and the setting. Too many props and not enough light-mapped map objects.

The docks video would look soooo much better with anti-aliasing. The jagged edges are most noticeable in this scene :(

dunno about old but it certainly looks ****ing billiant :D
i cannot wait for this game fs I WANT IT NOW :D:D:D:D

Kam

picky

have to be picky but in this case a better translation would be that the sun is "lowering" not hiding ;)

I agree...the colours, contrast, detail and lightning for some reason looks much better in the 600MB IMO(although that defies logic) the colours and coloured ligth sources just seems alot more vibrant and better looking in the shaky cam version.

A camcorder filming a light-emiting object like a plasma screen will produce an image with lots of contrast and some over saturation. To get those effects on a game in real-time you'd need to do all sorts of very expensive render-to-texture effects.

Its often the case that a camcorder version of a game looks better than the actual image (as in more photorealistic - because it has passed through the additional filter of an actual camera). I remember the same response when Super Mario Sunshine shots were released that looked much worse than the shaky cam version everyone was used to.

The slight blur of the old 600MB video just made EVERYTHING look more realistic. Also the lack of AA and AF showed up more in this higher res and direct feed video...

Originally posted by Dagobert
A camcorder filming a light-emiting object like a plasma screen will produce an image with lots of contrast and some over saturation. To get those effects on a game in real-time you'd need to do all sorts of very expensive render-to-texture effects.

Its often the case that a camcorder version of a game looks better than the actual image (as in more photorealistic - because it has passed through the additional filter of an actual camera). I remember the same response when Super Mario Sunshine shots were released that looked much worse than the shaky cam version everyone was used to.

Well, they could use some post-processing effects like another game I kinow...

Or.....they could aim for a decent framerate on most PC's....

srry to be a pain in the ass. but is it allowed to speak spanish in here or any foreing language. dont we have a special forum for that? if you would have give a translation or so then it would be ok. or atleast try to speak english. broken english is better then No english .. thats what my grandma always said when it was time to pray with the piggs (gheh!)

Originally posted by Lifthz
Well, they could use some post-processing effects like another game I kinow...
STALKER!

Originally posted by Dagobert
Or.....they could aim for a decent framerate on most PC's....

The game that I was talking about runs just as well as any other game... if not even much better. Don't talk about something you do not know about.

It's ironic how everyone was thinking that the actual high res direct feed would look much better than the old 600MB .mov file, but in reality it was the opposite, and least in terms of looking more realistic.

Actually I thought the lighting was off and the texturing not that great (eg: roof of sunken boat, ground on shore, wood planks on dock)

Looking at the setting I would expect to see long shadows but thee are none to speak of.

Back