Strategy guide

Impulse147

Reaction score
So i was looking at some game sites and the strategy guides are still gated for april, will they change this, if not how many of u will buy it? I don't know if i would sure it would have cool screen and lists of enemys and weapons,but it might have spoilers.I've never had any less fun with a game that i've read the strategy guide before i played it.

strategy guides always have spoilers, they tell you how to beat the whole game, so if you dont want spoilers, dont get the stategy guide, beside, i think it takes the fun out of a game :thumbs:

strategu guides are great if you're ever stuck at any part of the game...or if you want to find easter eggs...that sort of thing.

Don't really need strategy guides, the internet offers everything you'd need for any game...

I don't need a stratagy guide because I'm master of the universe.

It's out already.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT READ THE REVIEWS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RUIN THE END FOR YOU.

I read them, and with no warning, the end was ruined for me. ;(

Been awhile since I posted here, people still care about HL2, eh?

Ender01 said:
It's out already.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT READ THE REVIEWS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RUIN THE END FOR YOU.

I read them, and with no warning, the end was ruined for me. ;(

Been awhile since I posted here, people still care about HL2, eh?

I'm not so sure that it's out. I seem to remember a member attempting to order this and they got a delay e-mail from Amazon the following day.

I could be wrong, but, I doubt VALVe would let Prima release the guide to HL2 ahead of time. I'm aiming towards those reviews being BS..

If the Strategy Guide is out; then what are they doing to the game?

And I just accidentally caught a glimpse of one of the reviews and if thats in the storyline I'll be very disappointed in Marc Laidlaw.

Chris_D said:
And I just accidentally caught a glimpse of one of the reviews and if thats in the storyline I'll be very disappointed in Marc Laidlaw.

I just LMAO looking at it.....

Yes, that 'review' is just some pre-pubesent trying to mess with people. Valve would loose a lot of sales if they allowed... Well, you get the idea.

It spoils the challenge of the game, but I use one very occasionally if I get stuck on a part of a game for too long...

I always have two rules for new games:

1. First time you play through it, play on the hardest possible mode.
2. NEVER use strategy guides. (asking others or using forums is allowed)

This makes the game last longer. ^_^

Chris_D said:
If the Strategy Guide is out; then what are they doing to the game?

The first one? I read that too.. I can't see the story line being that campy and sucky, that's why I theorize it's all BS :)

smellbst.jpg

Back