Striders

B.Calhoun

Reaction score
So far we've yet to see a strider die (am i correct?). Im just wondering if the strider will be extremly hard to kill, like the garg from hl1. This would kinda dissapoint me because i would love to take down some striders with the help of other ressiatance fighters. Dont get me wrong i want them to be really tough but not too tough....if you understand what i mean. Errr in other words i dont wanna have to use unconventional means EVERY time i have to kill one, 8 mp5's gunning it down would be fun aswell as say blowing up a bridge over it.

What do you guys think?

Probably like the garg, a lot of explosive, it won'T be too hard with the help of your squad i guess, think about killing a garg in sven coop, FUN

ahh i never really played sven coop, is there a decent amount of servers now with the new update?

EDIT: What the hell, im dling now

gabe newell already confirmed they are killable, i am sure it wont take 'to many' shots

They took about nine rockets without flinching in the E3 demo.

Strangely in one of the takes the Player took out a shotgun and tried to take down the Strider with that suggesting a weakness to It's buckshot.

lol they just didnt let em die cos they wanted to show a big fight !

screw that ... im sure there very killable .. bet they have a weak spot like the grogs (red eye)... but what reaaaally makes me laff is that the players that have recorded those movies are total newbs!!!
first they have horrable accuracy... as seen in one of the movies he zooms in and shots 2 foot away form the target... waste of ammo !
second they have no common sence! there is a strider right in front him !!! literaly allmost crushing him with one of its legs... and the player directly walked in to it!!!
then a second strider jumps up but no the dumbass had to stand right in front of it!!!
there was a huge pole with a thick base that would of provided exelent cover... the strider (dumb ass robots) woundent even see the player!!!
Its like the player was trying to attract the striders atteinsion!!! crazy !!!
its crazy i dont think bullets do harm to a walking tank...

as seen i hL 1 I was standing behind three marines. and the gorg was to dumb to get around a box... so he just stood there being shot... i left the my pc and came back an hour later and the marines were still shooting at it...

its clear that half life had a damage type system for the begining!!!
but there was another clip i saw where rebels with rocket louchers were storiming two striders !!! ... but the dumbass player just ran around with a hk5 trying make a scrach??

Valve should fire all those tester sence they suck so much!!! maybe if they put retards they would do a better job of playing.

... I think you're missing the point of the E3 demos.

They were there to show off the game, not show off how to play the game.

Obviously they wanted Gordon to be killed by striders in both of the demos. Obviously they also didn't want you to see how to kill a strider. They were playing bad on purpose, to show off the game. It's not like they were trying to show off how good the player was.

i wonder if you can blow off one of their legs, and then they'll fall over...?

Moron_Mouth said:
screw that ... im sure there very killable .. bet they have a weak spot like the grogs (red eye)... but what reaaaally makes me laff is that the players that have recorded those movies are total newbs!!!
first they have horrable accuracy... as seen in one of the movies he zooms in and shots 2 foot away form the target... waste of ammo !
second they have no common sence! there is a strider right in front him !!! literaly allmost crushing him with one of its legs... and the player directly walked in to it!!!
then a second strider jumps up but no the dumbass had to stand right in front of it!!!
there was a huge pole with a thick base that would of provided exelent cover... the strider (dumb ass robots) woundent even see the player!!!
Its like the player was trying to attract the striders atteinsion!!! crazy !!!
its crazy i dont think bullets do harm to a walking tank...

as seen i hL 1 I was standing behind three marines. and the gorg was to dumb to get around a box... so he just stood there being shot... i left the my pc and came back an hour later and the marines were still shooting at it...

its clear that half life had a damage type system for the begining!!!
but there was another clip i saw where rebels with rocket louchers were storiming two striders !!! ... but the dumbass player just ran around with a hk5 trying make a scrach??

Valve should fire all those tester sence they suck so much!!! maybe if they put retards they would do a better job of playing.
they wanted to show the game from its best side, they wanted to show the abilities and the movements of the striders .

they wanted to show the game from its best side, they wanted to show the abilities and the movements of the striders .

I agree. They could be taken down quite easily (They might). Its not like they are gonna make a whole Bink Movie based on it and then it just die. That would be lame

Back