Stuck in Blue-Shift, help please

Penfold

Reaction score
Hi all, I wasn't sure where else to post this thread, hope it's ok here.

I am stuck in the 'Captive Freight' chapter of Blue-Shift. I am at the point just after reaching the surface. I have been locked in a tunnel by the military, and am supposed to open a hatch above a ladder using a valve. The problem is - the hatch only partly opens, not allowing me access to the ladder. After exhausting all possibilities, I looked at the walkthrough here http://www.planethalflife.com/blueshift/walkthrough/walkthru4a.shtmafter. The walkthrough says that the hatch is supposed to open:

Backtrack to the room in front of the SUV, open the gate, and turn the valve marked STEAM TUNNEL ACCESS. The grate will open -- climb down, and just before you reach the bottom, the ladder will break, dropping you into the tunnels.

Please help! :(

Okay, here's what's happened:

I came up to the 'surface' up a ladder. To the left was a truck with 2 turrets guarding it (dead end). To the right was a big tunnel door, went through this, went throught the tunnel. At the end you see 3 military guys, one of them throws a grenade towards you just before the door shuts. I went back a few steps throught the tunnel, broke a padlock on a door, and was presented with a valve and a hatch covering a ladder. When I turn the valve, the hatch only partly opens.

Try this link: http://www.planethalflife.com/blueshift/walkthrough/walkthru4a.shtm

I'm on the fourth picture down (red one).

ahh, its been 3 days since i played.

keep turning the lever by pressing e continuosly

I have tried quite a lot already... but I'll try some more :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, finally got it - you have to hold down 'e'. :upstare:

Incidently.

Your Avatar FREAKIN ROCKS!

Dangermouse kicks ass.

Thanks Venmoch, me and my older brother play CS:S loads. He is called 'Danger Mouse', I am 'Penfold'. :E

The avatar is actually part of my CS spray!

Back