stuck with Dr. Mossman

C

caronte

hello all, I'm stuck with Dr. Mossman when you first meet her. She stands outside the elevator after finishing her speech and won't move after that. I assume she is to go into the elevator with me but I've waited several minutes inside and outside the elevator, smacked her with the crowbar, shot her, blown her :sniper: , and "nada".

help!!

try reloading the black mesa east level, something's probably acting up.

i saw another post in another forum suggesting to restart from a previosuly saved game, so I started from shooting down the helicopter but it keeps acting up. Any other suggestions?

So you are past the body scan thing and she is leading you to the elevator, but she wont close the door?

just reload the chapter, dont start from a saved game. Go to 'new game' and select black mesa east.

nope, the 'new game' trick didn't work either (thanks for the tip though) aarrrgh, she leads me to the elevator, calls it and when it arrives she just stands there looking at it. Anyone have any saved games after that part? (maybe when she is in the elevator?).

Here is a helpful trick called "no clip" :LOL: .

In all serious, something is truly f-ing up. I'm not sure if their are patches out to fix this but try one & see if it helps, it might solve other problems later in the game too.

caronte said:
nope, the 'new game' trick didn't work either (thanks for the tip though) aarrrgh, she leads me to the elevator, calls it and when it arrives she just stands there looking at it. Anyone have any saved games after that part? (maybe when she is in the elevator?).
Go to the steampowered forums. I'm sure somebody there can help.

Of course, if you are a cracker or using pirated valve software, then i'd reccomend staying far away from there.

The same thing happened to me, but a combine body was blocking the door... D:

Hey'all,

I might have a clue to this prob.

I've heard many people had this problem but I never encountered it the first time I played HL2. I was replaying last few days and hit on this prob.

The first place I'm stuck is not at the lift. In fact it is right after the scanning and Dr. Mossman lets me in. I get in, walked up to the lift door but Dr.M doesn't come. She just stay in the room where she first recognized you during the scanning.

I combed the faqs and forums. Found many suggestions, tried many of them. Nothing worked. Yeah, I toggled the ai_disable flag. Reloaded. Reinstalled. no luck. I figured it must be my saves. Restarted the chapter, hit the same prob. Only this time, I'm stuck at the lift like everyone else.

Eventhough I'm still stuck but that told me it's gotta be something to do with the saves. Something failed to trigger the script along the way. So I checked the console logs. lo'behold there was some error about not being able to delete some save file.

But I haven't done any quicksaves this time. Getting to the scanning room is just a short walk from the airboat. I have just restarted the chapter and watching logs in the console. Then I noticed a slight pause along that shortwalk, after which the error log came.

The slight pause occurs at the gate right before the scanning room. There is three bins blocking your way. I normally just walk right thru them pushing them aside. It appears there is an autosave right here.

In the console, I found that I had the ai_disabled prob right here. Earlier on when I tried toggling this flag, I was always in the scanning room. In fact, I always tried other people's suggestions in the scanning room. By this time, it's probably too late. The script is probably already screwed by the error I discovered.

So my suggestion is that, before you get into the scanning room or even come up to those 3 bins. Check your ai_disable flag. Basically make sure you eliminate any known problems before the autosave happens. Then the scripts should trigger as planned.

I can't say this is a solution because I had some problems reinstalling HL2 and I noticed some new problems going thru Route Kanal and Water Hazard. I never encountered these problems the first time I played HL2. Namely the ai_disabled prob. So I can't put my finger on the ai_disable flag specifically. But my experiment tells me I'm already screwed before getting into the scanning room.

I reloaded previous saves for both places where I was stuck. Fixed the flag before the bins and both times I got thru to see Eli, alex and dog.
Well I hope I'm not too late helping all the poor souls still stuck with Dr. Mossman. Ha ha. Thats a pun. Not a bad girl to be stuck with.

wtf you idiot pengstar you just resurrected a thread from months ago
fool

pengster said:
Well I hope I'm not too late helping all the poor souls still stuck with Dr. Mossman. Ha ha. Thats a pun. Not a bad girl to be stuck with.
Actually, you are. About 10 months too late :|

stuck with Dr. Mossman

Do the break-up gently. Nobody wants a big fuss or a violent separation - it's best to do it cleanly with no love lost. After all, it's a small world, and it's a strong possibility you'll end up working with her. Even if she gets clingy and even if she says it's breaking her heart, you've got to be strong and firm but not unpleasant. Make it clear that it just isn't working and that it's best for both of you that you split.

Back