stun baton origonally a weapon? can be used in mods? *image attached*

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
looky here. i have an attached picture of gordon holding a crowbar (right, crowbar is a crappy texture) and to the left a picture of GORDON (NOT combine police) holding a stun baton. its in the weapons folder of the models, im using source SDK. and btw, it actually moves, a steady hand shaking movement, maybe they actually made it as a weapon, but didnt include it in the game? its highly possibly seeing as there were loads of weapons that didnt make the final game like the flare gun and the rifle. who knows, maybe it can even be unlocked somewhere- maybe even used in a mod.

note: sorry if this has been posted before, but my search came up with nothing.

While SDK installs on my computer, I am curious if they kept the OICW model, could you see if it is there?

Yes, the stun baton was originally a weapon. If you were to kill a combine with a baton, you'd get it. Basically, it was like a crowbar, but I guess looked cooler, moved faster, but did less damage.

sadly, no. there is, however, the pistol that alex holds, and the rifle that fathor grgory has. there are also a few random things that people hold, like the food that comes from dispensers, and a breifcase.

We should request what models we wish to know about. I heard that there was an AK47 model during early development, and alse the flaregun. What about the enemies that got cut out of the game? Bullsquids, Hydras, Super Soldiers etc.

WhiteZero said:
Is the hydra in the SDK too?
:D

i dont know but it might be... seeing as you see one in when you teleport. ill check. theres the strange thing that dr. breen talks too as well, i saw it posted earlier, its like a giant slug. called the "adviser".

*edit* hers a picture of a combine troop without armour... just has two holes where the pipes go in..

sadly i dont think there is much stuff that was cut out, especially from early in development. i think stuff like that was just literally scrapped.

OMG you know those things that you see on the last level (image attached)? well they have attack animations! and run animations! they were origonally scripted to be an enemy!!! this means they could be included in a mod with a little tweaking!!! im checking out more stuff now..ill keep you posted

*edit* notice the minigun under its head....

*edit 2* the stun baton has attack animations too!!! it is actually a fully functional weapon! it would take no effort at all to simply replace the crowbar with it in a mod!!!

no, unfortunately there is no itchysaur. but it may be possibly to get a good look at it by noclipping out of the map when you teleport for the first time.

but anyway, i am MUCH more interested about these new creatures, before i thought they were just a prop, but now i know that they could be an actual enemy! valve may have allready made them a full enemy, and may release it for modders in the future or maybe put it in an ecpansion pack.. exiting stuff.

Suicide42 said:
OMG you know those things that you see on the last level (image attached)? well they have attack animations! and run animations! they were origonally scripted to be an enemy!!! this means they could be included in a mod with a little tweaking!!! im checking out more stuff now..ill keep you posted

I wondered this the first time I saw them... I smell an expansion pack.

Wraithen said:
I wondered this the first time I saw them... I smell an expansion pack.

lol, look at the post i posted right before yours :)

The stun baton was an effective awesome weapon in the leak.

Really awesome.

That stunbaton thing is interesting- shows the stages of development: as a usable weapon, then a pickup your suit can somehow use (probably due to a core battery or something), then dropped from the game as a whole (except as a Combine Police item, of course).

Viva la SDK!

Still think it'd have been cool in multiplayer: poor damage, perhaps, but blinds people; perfect for sneaky attacks.

Suicide42 said:
lol, look at the post i posted right before yours :)

lol, same thought, same time, but you beat me to it... I will hang my head in shame for the rest of the day.

all 12 minutes of it :)

There was a really cool looking ice axe in the leak too.

Yeah, the guy who released the mod for the physgun is going to be modding in the ice axe, and supposedly most of the other dropped weapons.

Including the stickybomb launcher?

That one piqued my interest. I love plantable explosives...

BetaMaster said:
Yeah, the guy who released the mod for the physgun is going to be modding in the ice axe, and supposedly most of the other dropped weapons.

ice axe? what the hell is an ice axe!!! an axe made out of ice?

if anyone wants i have models and front-on screenshots of all the original weapons, including the ice-axe, fire extinguisher, oicw, ak47, molotov cocktails, throwing-headcrabs, and all this other shit that used to be in the game.

dru said:
if anyone wants i have models and front-on screenshots of all the original weapons, including the ice-axe, fire extinguisher, oicw, ak47, molotov cocktails, throwing-headcrabs, and all this other shit that used to be in the game.
I wished they had kept the throwing headcrabs. it'd have been nice seeing what they would have developed into.

I'd personally like to see the hopwire back (functional this time).. .I dunno what the use of it was, but it looked awesome :p

Brian Damage said:
Including the stickybomb launcher?

That one piqued my interest. I love plantable explosives...

Apparently the code is bugged so no, but on the bright side the crowbar and stun batton are going to be appearing in HL2DM according to Adrian @ Valve.

:O yay stun baton in HL2DM! maybe its only in team deathmatch, and the rebels will have crowbars and the combine are going to have stun batons!

dru said:

I'm really interested in seeing these.

Remaking this map mustve been hard.

Cookie to anyone who can guess what it is

3a-untitled.jpg

that would be cool if you could use the baton and then make it so that when you use it on someone it will cause them to start figgiting on the ground like with the phycannon (blue grav gun).

I can just imagine whacking some zombie with the electric baton and seeing him squirm on the ground. that was halarious when I noticed that with the blue grav gun i would pick people up with it then drop them and see them spaz out HAHAHA.

i miss the fire extinguisher that was in the leak, someone seriously needs to grab all the stuff out of the leak and mod it into the game, there was some truly awesome stuff, especially putting out fires with the fire extinguisher

Back