stupid Rcon

Trinityxero

Reaction score
evrey time i try to use "rcon banid" the piece of crap dousent do anything its pathetic

rcon banid 20 steam:000000000

you think valve can atleast put some kind of WORKING admin system in

SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO USE THE #^*_@#^*@#)_ BANID

thanx for the smartass useless responses...

anyway i have found a few things in my server:
1) rcon banid 0 <userid> doesn't work for shit. I never get anything with the #34 or whatever. i have tried a number of ways
rcon banid 0 #34
rcon banid 0.0 #34
rcon banid 0 # 34
rcon banid 0 "#34"
rcon banid 0 "# 34"
2) what does seem to work but only on its own sweet time is rcon banid 0 "STEAM_0:0:000000" capital letters and quotes. and this doesn't even work everytime. after you do that you need to type "writeid" which then copys your bans to a banned.cfg or whatever the new name is. longand short it keeps them banned when the server restarts

hope this helps, but i agree steams admin stuff sucks ass

use this to kick:
rcon kick "username" [QUOTES TOO]
i.e. rcon kick "bi0h4z4rd"

these are the steps to ban:
[1] rcon status
[2] rcon addip (minutes) (ip address)
i.e. rcon addip 0 24.42.152.78
[0 = PERM BAN OTHERWISE REPLACE 0 WITH MINUTES... AND OBVIOUSLY 127.0.0.1 IS WHERE THAT USERS IP WOULD GO]
[3] writeip
[SAVES IT TO /root/cstrike/cfg/banned_ip.cfg... DO THIS OR THE USER WILL BE BACK WHEN THE SERVER RESTARTS]

As for banning id's, don't bother with that. Speed hackers/cheaters usually have a pirated copy of css and have several accounts incase you ban them. If you ban the ip then they'll NEVER be able to get on not even if they steal another cd key or use their friends key.

use this to kick for a while
rcon users
rcon banid <TIME> #<ID> kick

like this
rcon banid 60 #275 kick that works great and use 0 for a smi prm ban...or till the server is reset

bi0h4z4rd said:
As for banning id's, don't bother with that. Speed hackers/cheaters usually have a pirated copy of css and have several accounts incase you ban them. If you ban the ip then they'll NEVER be able to get on not even if they steal another cd key or use their friends key.

Yeah but if users are on dialup, it's not effective (admittedly this is probably few), but many users use a router that can clone MAC addresses, so can easily get a new IP. Not to mention that dozens of people I know play from work, and they'll all appear to be from the same IP.

It's probably necessary to do IP banning sometimes, but I think it should be a last resort.

Back