super grav gun

I still doubt it. It's a bad decision IMO to give such an overpowered weapon in the beginning, unless of course you lose it right away.

In the end, I'll believe it when I'm playing with it. But I'm somewhat wary of things seemingly shown off by Valve.

Absinthe said:
I still doubt it. It's a bad decision IMO to give such an overpowered weapon in the beginning, unless of course you lose it right away.

In the end, I'll believe it when I'm playing with it. But I'm somewhat wary of things seemingly shown off by Valve.

I'm pretty sure that once you leave the Citadel, the gravity gun will return to its normal self due to the Citadel losing power etc... (Alyx did say, although the line was cut, that the gravity gun was drawing its power from the Citadel)

And plus, there has already been confirmed a scene where Gordon is weaponless (in a sewer..), so it'll be interesting to see how he loses the weapons.

Samon said:
I'm pretty sure that once you leave the Citadel, the gravity gun will return to its normal self due to the Citadel losing power etc... (Alyx did say, although the line was cut, that the gravity gun was drawing its power from the Citadel)

And plus, there has already been confirmed a scene where Gordon is weaponless (in a sewer..), so it'll be interesting to see how he loses the weapons.
My theory would be that not only Gravity Gun loses its power once outside the Citadel, but it breaks. Look at it. It's a wreck.

I don't think they'll break the grav gun. Valve said "The Gravity gun will add a new level of interactivity to the game."

So I'd assume it'll be there all the way through, considering how many people love it to begin with.

Well once it breaks Eli could fix it. Or someone. Or something. Actually,

Dog->Grav Gun.

Or, maybe Alyx de-attaches the Grav Gun which is attached to Dog's pawn. Or hand. Or whatever that disturbing thing is called.

And then hands it to you.

The super gravity gun isn't a good idea, FULL STOP.

holy crap, this is such an old thread and it suddenly just fired up again. wierd. but i suppose samon's theory could be correct, that it loses power after leaving the citadel. but you never know..

Athlon64 said:
The super gravity gun isn't a good idea, FULL STOP.

Absolutely disagreed.

Super grav gun was effin' excellent.

Not something to carry throughout the whole game, but it indeed added something extra to the game. Fun, perhaps? Don't know, but I enjoyed throwing bodies to the sides, or using a human shield.

theres no way they will let u keep it the entire expasion, that would make the game WAY to simple, its either going to be right in the beginning of aftermath, or just like in HL2, just at the very end again but it seems more logical to me that u will only use it in the beginning of the expansion, but only time will tell.

It breaks. Its been taken to its limits. It will break soon enough. It only can do so much before it breaks.

I still say that it breaks, then after the weaponless chapter you recieve another grav gun which is detached from Dog's pawn. Maybe a newly modeled Gravity Gun? Its power will remain the same tho', hence that Dog never lifts anything heavy with its grav gun.

What the HELL! are you guys talking about? The supa grav gun wont lose it power when the citadel crashes, it drained the power from the gun stripper and now it's stuck in the grav gun. If that was like that why the old gravity gun didn't lose power and why weren't we supposed to recharg it, and don't talk me about the HEV suit in atachement to this post!

DeVL1

Talking about dog... did you know that if you set sv_cheats 1 in Half-Life 2 or in Garry's Mod v8.3b and if you spawn dog with npc_create npc_dog in console AND trow him any object he will grab it and shoot it at you so you can play with him lol :D

DeVL1

PS. Sry if this wasn't in the rite forum.

Dude. WTF. I'd post the Care Police but your post isn't even worth it. Read the whole thread and then post. :|

EDIT: Don't frigging double post or I tell Samon. Use edit.

iMMuNiTy said:
Dude. WTF. I'd post the Care Police but your post isn't even worth it. Read the whole thread and then post. :|

EDIT: Don't frigging double post or I tell Samon. Use edit.
what are you talking about?

Back