Superstring Theory in Half-life 2 *Possible spoiler*

Originally posted by subs
not to be rude, but this has gotten pretty damn off topic!

Yes sorry I would like to apologise for playing my part in completely hijacking this thread!

Originally posted by SensesFail
and MrD...can you post links to your claim

Yes, thanks to Raechaer for posting those links I was having trouble finding any.

I am busy tonight but I'll have a hunt around for that Tomorrows World thing tomorrow.

Originally posted by subs
not to be rude, but this has gotten pretty damn off topic!

still makes for good conversation though...

better than
- "Why the F*** hasn't the video been released"
-"I don't know man!"
-"Be patient your assholes!!!"
-"I want my video now!!!"
-"I have boobs..."

ha, atleast people can feel smart for a few moments...but this is pretty damn offtopic...

Re: Re: Superstring Theory in Half-life 2 *Possible spoiler*

Originally posted by jasonh1234
I was waiting for someone to interpret what he was talking about.
Thank you.

8.gif

If at the top of that ladder is the teleporter, it looks so primitive. Or perhaps it's primitive because the resistence doesn't have the resources to get a warp going.

About going back to Black Mesa. I can't remember, but from what I have heard it gets nuked at the end of Opposing Force. In this screenshot, you can easily see some wrecked structure behind Gordon and some stuff (possibly ash?) falling down.

screenshot.asp

(Tommorow's World is also on TechTv)

But I think I understand what's going on,judging by the information in the videos and the theories you all posted. Actually, from reading this theory, it wouldnt quite fit, but it still brings up a few good ideas.

The world(for the most part) has been taken over by the Combine. Pure speculation,but the Combine may be half Bullsquid/ half human(as suggested that the bullsquids mate with practically anything they find( http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life/guide/enemies.shtm ). Would explain why they look somewhat-human, but have an odd-shaped mask.Gordon arives in the docks,from his last mission for the G-Man. He then battles through City-17.He gets knocked out,and rescued by Alxy. So Gordon and the survivors from Black Mesa try to warp time again.The scanners come,and destroy the lab. You win,but..part of the reagent for the experiment was a small pieice of the mysterious crystal back in the Black Mesa lab was stolen.

You then have to head back to Black Mesa, via transportation, to gain the MC(mysterious crystal) but it's incredibly protected by the Combine. You find the MC..but you see that the G-Man's there. He teleported here too via your own teleported. He killed Stiener,who was still back at the teleporter. You then have to fight him right in the MC experiment room, but it's been terraformed to look like Xen. Right as you kill him, he says some last words, then he activates the MC. You get transported to Xen. It's all black, but you then see the true face of the G-man laughing, then the screen fades. You see the half-life symbol again,then the games ends.

Yeah,I know it sucks. Still.:p

Hmmm 12 pages only to discover that teleporters are going to be in HL2... Amazing find lads, keep up the good work :p

Bah,I'd like to see YOU try and get some information on Half-life 2.

Nigh impossible,huh?:p

Here is a good link with equations and explanations on how time distortion works.

http://www.btinternet.com/~j.doyle/SR/Sr5/sr5.htm

Basically, time is relative, (Thanks Mr. Einstien), based on the veiwer, just like movement. Have you ever driven in a car and looked at all the other cars going the same direction as you? Even though you are going 70 mph, some look like they are not moving, some look like they are going faster, and some look like they are going slower. The speed that they look like they are moving might be 5 mph, RELATIVE of the speed that you are going. They actually are going 65 mph when you are going 70. But if you stood on the side of the road, you would see the cars going at 65 mph. Time is just like that. To an outside observer, someone traveling 4.3 lightyears would take 4.3 years to get there. But because of time dialation, the travaler would experience it instantly. Everything is RELATIVE to what the viewer is seeing, even though TIME itself is absolute.

I learned all about this stuff during my Junior year of high school physics, so the equations are pretty easy to understand.

In regards to the game, I have an interesting theory...
Gordon goes back in time to Black Mesa, and actually is the G-Man. Shave off the goat, and give him LASIK, age him, and he could be that character.

Just a thought:cheese:

Time dialation and dimensional interferance (almost certainty that alternate universes exist) have already been proven. So we can already say that gravitational space time dialation (black holes, neutron stars etc.) and universes other then our own theoritically must exist.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever considered the theory of a 'created' universe?

Dimensional interferance has been proven? I'd like to see some proof that gives us an almost certainty that alternate universes exist.

Animal wrote:
universes other then our own theoritically must exist.

No, universes other then our own theoritically can exist. Multiple in this 'dimension' (depends on what you view as a universe). And dimensions are nothing more then pure speculation.

Do you really think they just thought;

Scientist1 "hey lets make a new theory, i'm bored"

Scientist2" hell yeah, what about a multiple dimension theory, that sounds sorta cool"

Scientist1"sounds good to me"

NO, they were performing experiments on light diffraction and found that metaphysical photons were causing inteference in a single photon beam. There is no way to account for this apart from multiverse theory. Unless you can think of something...

Animal wrote:
There is no way to account for this apart from multiverse theory.

Because someone thought up a fitting theory for a problem doesn't necessarily mean the theory is correct and/or publicly supported.

A theory is just that, a theory.

Yeah, i suppose, but it's the only thing that fits at the moment.

Back