Supposed beta video of Ep3

Doubt it. Impossible to tell for sure, except it uses fraps. Probably just a user made map. Looks too shit for Valve.

Watched it again... No.

I don't even think that's the 2007 engine, plus it has a HL2 song at the beginning.. Totally can't remember the title... Which makes me sure it's user created content. Valve never Zombie rushes you like that either.

Looks too shit for Valve.

I agree. At first I thought I had found something with great potential. but once I saw it, it just looked crappy and boring. but then again, if this was 100% "authentic" I would no doubt be drooling. Valve could post a video of gabe on the toilet and i would think it was awesomeness. thats just the kinda ignoramus i am. :dork:

They've just spawned some hunters in the room.

No.

Also, the player runs to the corner, and part of the wall isn't there. Where are you getting these?

Just had a look... These are all bollocks. Just some punk kid trying to fool people.

This has too be the shittiest thing I've ever laid my eyes on :\

This sucks so much it makes me sick

And yes, it's not even the 2007 source engine, there's no blood coming out of the zombies, for example

This thread has aids, and must be terminated.

The Game wasn't even the the English version, looking at the HUD, This fails hard.

This is bullshit and you are bullshit if you're buying this.

Wow, horrible.

In the first video shown, level design is just horrible I would say. I mean, I'm only looking at like so much area of a single map, but Valve gives every room a lived-in feel, they make sure it doesn't seem like just some tacked on corridors. Each room feels like it has a general purpose and path. This map feels like it is just connecting dots you could say.

Plus, I don't think since Half-Life 2, there has not been any enemy confrontation areas that were without physics objects for the Gravity Gun to be used except for in a few possible places where exceptions would make sense.

Episode Two spoiler:

And I highly doubt Valve would start the players off in Episode Three fighting in the same place where Eli died, with Eli on the ground in the map.

No, this is not Episode Three.

Honestly, even though Valve could be quite into Episode Three already, I would say that for now Valve is just working on concept art and the direction they are going through in Episode Three and maybe Portal 2. They might, just might, be in their early model or map development stages. But I'm pretty sure they would work on getting story elements in Episode Three first, then working on map development based around going through the story, and then perfecting those maps with extra models and making sure combat works out correctly. I could be way off on their cycle though and I wouldn't be surprised.

Edit: Now that I think about it, and after watching that "trailer", this guy is disgracing the Half-Life series.

thanx for your input. It was very late and i was very tired when i stumbled upon those videos. I wish i had the clarity that i have right now. I guess I was just excited about the possibility of some video game play. sorry :rolleyes:

They could at least have tried something with one of the snow maps that has been created. Very lazy attempt to fool people :p

HahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow, those were some great EP3 gameplay videos, Valve's really outdone themselves this time around..

(/sarcasm)

this is defenitly legit. i think so far it;s probly looking very awesome; i think probaly when after eli dyes magneton and kleaner come take his body, come back to choper and hunters are wating for you becase the advistors sent them.

i really think its going to be very intens for alex becuase her dad just died.

the part with the zombies is probly in the borelasous because the etire crew probaly got headcrabed during the portal storm ahah

maybe the combine will come back and take elies body and turn him in a stalker or something!!! (total fanboy epic fail post right there).

this is defenitly legit. i think so far it;s probly looking very awesome; i think probaly when after eli dyes magneton and kleaner come take his body, come back to choper and hunters are wating for you becase the advistors sent them.

the part with the zombies is probly in the borelasous because the etire crew probaly got headcrabed during the portal storm ahah

Ehhh...are you joking?

LoL... but sometimes I read the HL2 sections and it feels like every post is really like this (not a dig at you, OP).

Oh I feel ill...

Why do I eat before I read these damn threads?

When actual Episode 3 footage is released the concurrent internet explosion will be enormous, it won't be on some dodgy mod crap posted by some anonymous a**hole on AOL video.

Apparently Valve record their trailers and gameplay videos using the trial version of Fraps. :rolleyes:

I also love his "trailer" and "ending" videos.

This is a mod, I remember playing it a while back. Who the **** would buy this....

It clearly isnt even 07 source, its HL2 beta engine, why would they use that when they have 07 and the offical HL2 engine from Ep1...

In short, Bullshit

Don't bump old threads, please.

To the first video: Valve uses light entities instead of light_spots and playtests in a foreign language?

ibtlsttngzz1.gif

Back