Supreme Commander Demo on Monday ?

This is one game I'd consider paying for a month subscription to fileplanet to get a demo of....,

:| I'm signed up for their closed beta, but they won't be letting me in. They only select "active" members who contribute to their message board and pay them money for a newsletter.

Time to be a pirate, yharg :D

:| I'm signed up for their closed beta, but they won't be letting me in. They only select "active" members who contribute to their message board and pay them money for a newsletter.

Oh...that's uncool. I guess being a pirate is ok now :D

No guarantee it'll appear as piratble software tbh..

Damn speculatory thread title!

Got me excited for nothing. :(

the one on fp is a beta, not a demo

the demo will come out much closer to release early next year

Closed beta.

Damn speculatory thread title!
Got me excited for nothing. :(
Yeah, it's probably an MP closed beta and will require a unique key to be played.
I can wait for a regular demo.
the one on fp is a beta, not a demo

the demo will come out much closer to release early next year

Sweet cant wait till mon!

:LOL:

Yup it's the beta... Lucky bastards who own FP! They are lucky :p

I can't wait for demo though.

Looks like it's going to be harder to get into than choir girls knickers.

So there's no way to get in?

Not now, their was an email lottery about a month ago, the select few who have been accepted will get on the beta.

I'm signed up for their closed beta, but they won't be letting me in. They only select "active" members who contribute to their message board and pay them money for a newsletter
If you were on GPG forums, you only had to be a member before a certain date (2nd Oct I believe), then send them a email with your real name, user name and your email address. The selection was totally random.

You had a larger chance (according to GPG) of being selected if you were a member of their forums.

The select few won't know till tomorrow.

Damn i want to get in. Im a FilePlanet subscriber.

Awesome gameplay screens. I can't WAIT for this game.

I havn't read up much about this game, infact, only really seen it until now. :(

Please don't hurt me. Anyone able to refer me to some good sources of information on the gameplay?

Beta was just released on fileplanet. You can't play it if you don't have a key though...you can install it and look at the options and I think the tutorials.

Beta was just released on fileplanet. You can't play it if you don't have a key though...you can install it and look at the options and I think the tutorials.

Nope, can't do tutorials. I have the client on my desktop (no key though :( )

About my post, I would consider myself redundant if my entire post was that, but I posted new information, so your point is moot.

well...it was redundant because you said "right now" twice. aye, I have the client now, and you can't do tutorials.

What you CAN do is look through the text of the tutorials (there is MASSIVE amounts of data in the beta folders, including a complete transcript of the turtorials, descriptions of every unit and all of their model and animation files)

well...it was redundant because you said "right now" twice. aye, I have the client now, and you can't do tutorials.

What you CAN do is look through the text of the tutorials (there is MASSIVE amounts of data in the beta folders, including a complete transcript of the turtorials, descriptions of every unit and all of their model and animation files)

Do you have a link?

they posted the info from the text on this forum http://www.supcomuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788&page=2&pp=40

an excerpt:
Unit Types - Air Forces

Air Factories produce air units that offer both offensive and defensive capabilities. View the Archiva to find out more.

The Tech 1 air units immediately available from your Air Factory provide you with powerful capabilities in your struggle. They are the Light Air Scout, the Interceptor, the Attack Bomber and the Light Transport.

Like its land counterpart, the Air Scout is fast and maneuverable and features an extended sight range. It has obvious advantages for scouting over any type of terrain. The Interceptor provides excellent base defense against bombers, especially when set to patrol your base perimeter. It has air-to-air combat capability.

The Attack Bomber is an effective and potentially devastating offensive weapon. You can catch your opponent napping early in the conflict if no base air defenses have been created. Bombers are also very effective against attack forces, especially those with no anti-air units in the convoy.

Air Transports give you the ability to quickly move combat units, Engineers and your ACU to a crucial battle, construction zone or out of danger. They\'re also equipped with air-to-ground weaponry, and can be devastating gunships when loaded with combat units, which fire from the transport\'s sides.

Tech 2 air adds a higher capacity transport, a Torpedo Bomber for attacking any unit in the water and a Gunship. Gunships are powerful air-to-ground attack weapons, and one of the most destructive units available to you

/prays for someone to leak any betas.

Eurogamer is having a competition where you enter to receive (Random draw) one of their 200 beta keys for SupCom. It ends Monday (It's already Monday here).

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68869

All you have to do is submit your name/email but with only 200 invites and on a popular site like Eurogamer your odds are quite low. ;(

Grr, so unfair, I've been a member of their forums basically since it opened (Haven't posted in a bit though) and I've been playing TA for ~9 years, literally. Hell, I still have posters and other misc. things. D:

Okay, Fileplanet will have SupCom, CNC3 and so many other awesome demos, would paying for a month and than reserving work ? :x

Everyother site is handed out beta keys now, no word as to whether or not GPG has done the same (They said there would be a notification on their forum)

Everyother site is handed out beta keys now, no word as to whether or not GPG has done the same (They said there would be a notification on their forum)

Uuuhg Im still waiting on FP to tell their "news" today! DAm it hurry up FP!

there is apprentley a way to hack the .lua file to allow you to play LAN.

I'll admit, it was really tempting,and I tried it...

They didn't include AI, so I could only join a server by myself and try to test out the mechanics of the game. However, when I tried to change the resolution up from 640x480 my computer crashed. Now it won't let me start the game at all (it gives me a system error related to direct x 9) even if I reinstall the game.

why oh why didn't I just play the game at ultra-low resolutions? It was within my grasp, I had the supreme commander just sitting there, waiting to be given orders! why did I have to change the options!?! *laments*

perhaps reinstalling dx9 will do the trick.

Back