Supreme Commander Demo on Monday ?

theotherguy, with said hack do you need a cd-key ? or are we tempting the gods talking about this..

theotherguy, with said hack do you need a cd-key ? or are we tempting the gods talking about this..

no. I can't tell you how I did it, but I can tell you its easy to find if one is looking for it.

However, I am having huge problems even getting it to run anymore. Reinstalling directx9 and reinstalling the game 4 times did nothing, clearing the registry did nothing.

It's giving me an exception error in the code of the game itself. It makes no sense, one minute its working and the next it gives me an exception error about an "invalid call" in "DeviceD3D9.cpp(101)"

Sooo who all is up for using this "hack", setting up a hl2.net hamachi, and playing LAN'd?

Can you PM me with a link to what to do?

WOOHOO its up on FP so if your a SuB get your ass there and grab a key while they last!!

theotherguy: Check PM. ;)

I wish I had FP :(

Anyone wish to bargain for their CD-Key if they aren't going to use it often?

okay, I deleted one file (my options file) and it all works now...however I still can't change resolutions (gaspowered said it was a major bug to be fixed)

first impressions:
pros
the music is great. Alot like the original TA music

the way they handle the queing is very impressive. You can move around orders and time them perfectley

the economy works well, pretty much like TA...but this time you can upgrade the mass extractors all at once. There is also alot of helpful economic information.

Animations and framerate and the overall pace of the game go very fast. I can tell right now that this is no porcer's game. In spite of the enourmous maps (the ones included are only 20x20 btw), units can cross quickly and easily, and they are really very fast. They all have extremely fast fire-rates and manuever very well. Gunships are especially lethal (they're even more powerful than brawlers in TA)

cons
interface SUCKS...yes, its awful. It's huge, obtrusive, takes up way too much of the screen, the icons are confusing and its hard to navigate. This is definatley changing before the final build, GPG says

Graphics are not quite cut out to what they are in the movies. I suppose its an artifact of the fact that I can't go above 640x480, but many other things are missing. There are no ground decals, the ground doesn't deform and change to concrete when you build buildings, particles in general look very bad and are widely spaced, animations of bullets are quite slow (they look almost like poorly animated 16-bit sprites)

camera controls are quite confusing. I was expecting TA-Spring style camera controls, but instead got something identical to Rise of Legends with further zoom. You can't pan the camera on the edges of the screen, rotating the camera causes it to snap back to overheaed view.

Selecting units is very strange. First of all, you have to press alt to select anything, and second of all, there are no selection boxes, so you just have to guess what you're selecting.

Nukes do not make mushroom clouds anymore. They make a bright flash, and then make this weird blue radiation. Whatever happened to the beautiful nukes we saw in the first gamespy screens?

everything feels very small I never thought I'd say this, but since you can't zoom in very close, and since the units begin at a large size and simply grow larger, the units all feel incredibly tiny and insignificant. I was expecting huge scales and amazing zoom levels, and was instead faced with AOE style camera controls, limited zoom, no rotation and no real sense of scale. I guess it should get much better once I can muster up enough forces for a large battle.

well, i have found the uh, magical files and i will um, acquire said magical files some time. also, the magical files allow lan + skirmish, so skirmish includes vs ai, no ?

i'm up for hamachi + supcom !

I think someone said no AI, but AI is for wusses anyway, bring on the hamachiness :eek:

I'll email harry potter and get his help tomorrow setting it up.

No ai included, sadly.

however, there are "neutral" cities in a couple of the maps that can keep you occupied on LAN as you test out the game. They are really quite tough, to tell you the truth. I'd say they represent a base of a medicore player after about 30 minutes of gameplay. (even with several squadrons of bombers and three transports full of heavy tanks I was not able to take one of them, and I ended up nuking it)

I finally figured out how to raise the resolution, but changing anti-aliasing and shadow options now crashes the game. So, I have to leave anti-aliasing and shadow smoothing on, which slow down my framerate dramatically. However, upping the resolution made the game look much better. The interface is much much smaller now, which bodes good for immersion and scale.

OH... MY... GOD.

Why didn't I see this thread when it was first posted? me and my brother have been subscribed to fileplanet for a LONG time, and I usually get on these exclusive betas... but I missed this one. There are no more beta keys available.

GOD DAMNIT.

well first of all it enables you to play in lan games, to play over the internet use www.hamachi.cc and create a network with your friends then just play
as if you would a regular lan game.It also Adds Ai's, these were also kindly removed by Gas Powered Games I guess they just didn't think they needed testing, well we'll let
you be the judges of that.

That's from the .nfo, grr.. lying crack group. :<

Installing hamachi now though I won't have the game for awhile..

okay, I deleted one file (my options file) and it all works now...however I still can't change resolutions (gaspowered said it was a major bug to be fixed)

first impressions:
pros
the music is great. Alot like the original TA music

the way they handle the queing is very impressive. You can move around orders and time them perfectley

the economy works well, pretty much like TA...but this time you can upgrade the mass extractors all at once. There is also alot of helpful economic information.

Animations and framerate and the overall pace of the game go very fast. I can tell right now that this is no porcer's game. In spite of the enourmous maps (the ones included are only 20x20 btw), units can cross quickly and easily, and they are really very fast. They all have extremely fast fire-rates and manuever very well. Gunships are especially lethal (they're even more powerful than brawlers in TA)

cons
interface SUCKS...yes, its awful. It's huge, obtrusive, takes up way too much of the screen, the icons are confusing and its hard to navigate. This is definatley changing before the final build, GPG says

Graphics are not quite cut out to what they are in the movies. I suppose its an artifact of the fact that I can't go above 640x480, but many other things are missing. There are no ground decals, the ground doesn't deform and change to concrete when you build buildings, particles in general look very bad and are widely spaced, animations of bullets are quite slow (they look almost like poorly animated 16-bit sprites)

camera controls are quite confusing. I was expecting TA-Spring style camera controls, but instead got something identical to Rise of Legends with further zoom. You can't pan the camera on the edges of the screen, rotating the camera causes it to snap back to overheaed view.

Selecting units is very strange. First of all, you have to press alt to select anything, and second of all, there are no selection boxes, so you just have to guess what you're selecting.

Nukes do not make mushroom clouds anymore. They make a bright flash, and then make this weird blue radiation. Whatever happened to the beautiful nukes we saw in the first gamespy screens?

everything feels very small I never thought I'd say this, but since you can't zoom in very close, and since the units begin at a large size and simply grow larger, the units all feel incredibly tiny and insignificant. I was expecting huge scales and amazing zoom levels, and was instead faced with AOE style camera controls, limited zoom, no rotation and no real sense of scale. I guess it should get much better once I can muster up enough forces for a large battle.

about your cons:

interface is customizable, not sure if it is completely now but it will be in the final game

graphics look fine to me, you sure you have them all turned up? edit: they look great actually

camera controls are easy for me, and yes you can pan at the edge of the screen, but I think its a bug because I've experienced not being able to scroll too

selecting units is fine for me, I always know what I'm selecting, I'm pretty sure there's a box but not positive, I'll check tomorrow. Edit there is a box... its transparent and white... I like it

unfortunate about the nukes true... not sure what happened to that; they still look awesome though

feels huge to me, limited zoom? you're kidding right? :p no sense of scale? some of the bigger units take up more than an entire screen???? did you completely miss the trees for scale!??!

OH... MY... GOD.

Why didn't I see this thread when it was first posted? me and my brother have been subscribed to fileplanet for a LONG time, and I usually get on these exclusive betas... but I missed this one. There are no more beta keys available.

GOD DAMNIT.

Already??? I couldn't download it until tomorrow but I thought that would be no problem. Apparently I thought wrong. Darnit.

about your cons:

interface is customizable, not sure if it is completely now but it will be in the final game

graphics look fine to me, you sure you have them all turned up? edit: they look great actually

camera controls are easy for me, and yes you can pan at the edge of the screen, but I think its a bug because I've experienced not being able to scroll too

selecting units is fine for me, I always know what I'm selecting, I'm pretty sure there's a box but not positive, I'll check tomorrow. Edit there is a box... its transparent and white... I like it

unfortunate about the nukes true... not sure what happened to that; they still look awesome though

feels huge to me, limited zoom? you're kidding right? :p no sense of scale? some of the bigger units take up more than an entire screen???? did you completely miss the trees for scale!??!

most of my problems have been fixed by upping the resolution using a command line. The interface is much smaller, and I'm pleased with it now. The scale is also much larger.

however, alot of my things I am convinced are graphical bugs. I have all of the effects pumped up all the way, yet I still cannot see ground decals, flashes from bombs, and the terrain doesn't change when buildings are built on it. It is clear there is a selection box, yet its invisible on my system. Also, my water is flat and non-reflective. I wonder if it has to do with my shader model (I'm running on a 9800 pro)

running beautifully on my system; 1280x1024, 4xaa etc.

it's just like ta, just 100x more awesome.

there are a few small things i dislike which i'll make known to gpg but in general i <3 it.

when my brother gets home i'll have a match vs him. :)

/goes back to paused game vs ai.

Phew just had a two and half hour match with my buddy man this game is great! Im definitely gonna be picking this one up!! Between this and CoH the RTS genre is making a come back!

Man, this really starts to lag when you have 4 people. :<

I'm going to pick up another 1GB of ram as soon as I can otherwise I'll just do 1v1 or avoid certain maps.

Apparently the skirmish doesn't work. I didn't know this was a mp beta so I started up a skirmish match. I moved the commander like two meters and I got a window telling me "infinite timeouts" and the next window saying "victory". :D

Better get some friends on hamachi today and try it.

There is skirmish if you have the 'crack' and there is AI too (Easy/Medium/Hard/Rush/Turtle). :)

There is skirmish if you have the 'crack' and there is AI too (Easy/Medium/Hard/Rush/Turtle). :)

OOOOOOOOO need to get me that. So lucky that I got an actual key. We all need to play some time.

Question for those in beta?
How is race diversity?
With a 10 being Starcraft Diversity.
And a 0 being shipped-product(what came with the game) TA Diversity(TA's initial Diversity was just graphic changes between races.)

no there certainly is not, not in the one I tried. There must be another line of code I have to change...I didn't even think AI was included in the beta file.

theotherguy: There is a patch out on Fileplanet to 2.7

Then there is also another crack file out which enables the AI along with LAN play and such.

There is a crack for AI, I have it :eek: (pm if link necessary)

It played really slow performance wise compared to my comp, but I may have been running more AIs (5) than the game can handle at once in beta. The game also seems to be nearly the same as TA (a good thing most would argue)... I'll play more tomorrow, gonna try some 1v1 vs the AI on a smaller map.

Cole: From the very limited time I've played it I'd say 6.5/10 but I need to play it more before my judgement is worthwhile.

I think the AI is available with the 2.7 patch..

I have a link to the 2.7 crack but I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here so PM. :O

Wait, it seems some of you are on now, want to hit up hamachi ?

WOW, played with the 2.7 patch, all of my gripes have been fixed.

Played against an AI and failed miserably, lol.

As soon as I got my first transport out with tier I tanks he met me on the battlefield with two monkeylords :LOL:

I suppose my strategies for TA spring just won't cut it here.

Gas Powered Games apparently came out on their site saying they don't care if people play with cracks to get around FP's key. So FP was nice enough to provide an install to 2.7 that doesn't require a key (I think you still need th crack though).

For some reason I can't download the client off Fileplanet. I have a subscriber login too. D:

Is anybody else having this problem? I'd rather not torrent it, but this is kinda sucky.

Just torrent it dude, FP has a bad link for it's d/l (or is intentionally blocking it). Plus with a torret you get no lines and a fast d/l as it has a good number of seeds.

Crack isn't that hard to find if you know your disreputable internet sites.

Patch 2.7 was rather helpful :)

Gas Powered Games apparently came out on their site saying they don't care if people play with cracks to get around FP's key. So FP was nice enough to provide an install to 2.7 that doesn't require a key (I think you still need th crack though).

You mean free online with no key with no crack?

Link me.

Question for those in beta?
How is race diversity?
With a 10 being Starcraft Diversity.
And a 0 being shipped-product(what came with the game) TA Diversity(TA's initial Diversity was just graphic changes between races.)

from what I have seen the races are similar in the type of units they get, but I haven't played that much yet.

WOW, played with the 2.7 patch, all of my gripes have been fixed.

Played against an AI and failed miserably, lol.

As soon as I got my first transport out with tier I tanks he met me on the battlefield with two monkeylords :LOL:

I suppose my strategies for TA spring just won't cut it here.

The AI builds way to fast even on easy, I just can't keep up with it.

Did anyone else notice that you are forced to get anti-air to actually counter air units? In TA, every unit shot at air units. I find it disturbing how a laser turret can't point up and fire at a gunship, instead I need to build a seperate turret to deal with it.

Other than that I need a better comp to run this beast, although I must say that load times are quicker than DoW itself.

You mean free online with no key with no crack?

Link me.

No free online, but they have a key-free beta so you can get the crack and play over LAN (hamachi for the internet) and skirmishes against the mega-quick AI.

well, i got owned.

boomyh0.jpg

boom2fj9.jpg

i'm getting better though. :eek:

well, played another game, and man, this runs very badly.

I guess I'll have to be upgrading my compy pretty soon.

I played on a water map, and I was pretty much tutling to tell you the truth, and the cybran AI came at me with a Soul Reaver, (a massive flying...thing that can carry units and walk on land) It took out about half of my base, but I was able to destroy it, causing it to land on...MY COMMANDER.

Boom. base gone.

So far I have come to the conclusion that this is a bigger, faster TA.

Anybody up for a match over Hamachi?

AmishSlayer is my Xfire ID. I'll be trying in vain to face the AI (I get massive lag after like 50+ units are in the game which sucks).

Anybody up for a match over Hamachi?

AmishSlayer is my Xfire ID. I'll be trying in vain to face the AI (I get massive lag after like 50+ units are in the game which sucks).

The lag does start to happen when you get into a game. I was playing 2 vs 2, the lag was unbearable after 30 minutes, but when about 100 units were fighting it froze ever 15 seconds.

I wouldn't mind a game though. See if we can get a 2 vs 2 going or something.

Did anyone else notice that you are forced to get anti-air to actually counter air units? In TA, every unit shot at air units. I find it disturbing how a laser turret can't point up and fire at a gunship, instead I need to build a seperate turret to deal with it.

Other than that I need a better comp to run this beast, although I must say that load times are quicker than DoW itself.

I'm hoping direct-fire units such as laser turrets can shoot at air units when the game releases. The only problem in TA was when Heavy Artillery tried in vain to shoot down a gunship, but instead takes out a fusion reactor a mile away. Its also not useful when your Big Bertha, with its slow turn rate, tries and aims at an aircraft. :x

Back