surf_toxicwaste

polly-pocket

Reaction score
Basically I went on a css surf server for some advice and then somehow they had the impression I was making them a map for some bizzarre reason but hey, thats unknown/reliable forums for you. But as I was saying I had already offered to make the map out of there lips. So I decided I show you guys. I know I need to work on lighting but it is a surf map and I only know 1 map with reall ighting on a surf map and that is surf_greatcannal.

Ok, these are some screenshots I have got so far!

SPAWN:

BIG SURF SLOPE DOWN:

BEGGINING SURF:

JAIL:

ABOVE JAIL:

BUY ZONE:

MORE SURFING:

TOP:

OTHERS:

SECRETS:
(NOW YOU SEE IT)

(NOW YOU DON'T)

[WERE IS THIS?]

[WERE IS THIS?]

LAYOUT:

More coming soon!
(ALSO I WILL MAKE A YOUTUBE MOVIE OF ME SURFING SO YOU CAN GET THE REAL FEEL TO IT! THEN TELL ME WHAT TO ADD/TAKE AWAY!)
STAY TUNED!

Any more ideas .... what do you think?

OFFTOPIC
Also I have a question, you know on the CSS surf map "rebel_resistance" .... well you know in the prison how it pushes you when your in the water ... I wanna do that but push you up, myn isnt working so well. it kinda pushes you more down when I tell it to push you up.

I have never played a surf map in my life.

And this thing is not pretty I can tell you that.

Hey, I saw this on Interlopers.

Yeah, it does look very bad.

Surf maps don't have to look pretty. But don't use that as an excuse.

what the hell is a surf map anyway? all the so-called surf maps i've seen have been beaten senseless with the ugly stick

Good concept, looks ok, not the best for surf map but not the worst... if you realease a map i can beta test it and rave about its gameplay but for now i cant...

UltraProAnti - Surfing is a CSS sport where, hich help of sv_accelerate value of 200 and up, you can slide on the endge gaining drastic speed due to gravity and not fall off by strafing away from the bottom adge while looking where you want to go...

Might have to try this surfing stuff some time.

I will however try it on the one good looking surf map I saw a while back.

id like to see a pretty surf map... nevermind, ill keep on dreaming.

-dodo

id like to see a pretty surf map... nevermind, ill keep on dreaming.

-dodo

Its hard you know, you cant make it realistic because its not a realistic idea/mod. No one cares if it looks shitty .. .as long as its fun.

Obviously, none of us care then, even though we don't like how it looks...

MMMM K!

So. Give it to me.

What is exactly a surf map all about? What is needed? Where lies the challenge? Is the whole "surf" style all in the map or are there servercommands invloved? I bet you that I could make something that aint realistic but still looks alright.

So. Give it to me.

What is exactly a surf map all about? What is needed? Where lies the challenge? Is the whole "surf" style all in the map or are there servercommands invloved? I bet you that I could make something that aint realistic but still looks alright.

Thats not the point, who would care. Look at the most commen used surf map, rebel_resistance_final3 They are just 2 crap textures, no one cares if there crap though ... its all about what is in it. And cool secrets ect! but it doesn't matter so go ahead and make a good looking surf map, see who cares.

Real Level Designers...

You say nobody cares yet people on Interlopers thought it was sub-par.

Its what floats your boat really.

I need looks in a map to like it. Others dont. I can live with that.

Back