Survey Ranks the Smarts of the 50 States

joule

Tank
Reaction score
Morgan Quitno Press are out to prove what many of us have suspected for a long, long time: some of this country's great states are just a few sandwiches short of an intellectual picnic basket.

According to the private research and publishing company's new survey, when they were handing out smarts, Arizona (dead last for the second year in a row, no less) was hanging out with California, Mississippi and Nevada at the back of the line, Central Florida's Local 6 reports.

Beg to differ?

The folks in Vermont probably don't. The Green Mountain State was ranked the smartest of them all, followed by Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey and Maine.

The survey has Texas as the Lone Star of mediocrity at No. 25, New York making an appearance at No. 16 and Florida chilling with the other underachievers at No. 29.

The annual rankings are based on 21 elementary and secondary education indicators, ranging from test scores and graduation rates to class size and teacher's salaries.
post371201161294798thumbzi1.jpg

Source
Full List

Go Jersey! w00t w00t

lol, stupid arizona

Im from the third smatest!

46! Take that, California, Mississippi, Nevada, and Arizona!

Alaska is smarter than california? I didn't even know there were ****ing people there.

Alaska is smarter than california? I didn't even know there were ****ing people there.

The irony, it is deliscious.

I don't think I used irony correctly or spelled delicious right, hence the poeticness.

HELLO. PROOF RIGHT HERE. On the dumbass fact, and the population fact.

Anyways... California? And they always tout themselves as smarter than the rest of the country. LOL.

New Jersey? That's a HUGE surprise!

How the hell is Kansas #15? I swear the majority of the population here is beyond retarded. (Phelps being among them)

That's right, in the top ten right here. :p

a thread pointing fingers at which state is the dumbest ...hehehe

/me restrains self from making snappy/sarcastic comments

go USA! ..oh and NY would have been higher on the list if not for Buffalo

How the hell is Kansas #15? I swear the majority of the population here is beyond retarded. (Phelps being among them)

lol too true, but there were 2 guys at my school that got perfect scores on the act, and i ranked in the top 1% for eight years in the standardized tests. maybe its your proximity to KU

hehe, nice list though i dont really believe in averages as very credible. :angel:
"The retarded guy next door" brings down the average a point or so, all by himself :cheese:

SMART rating is just a percentage, with 100% being the average British person.

I'm not entirely sure what that means with Kansas near the top 10. Maybe just before surveys like this are conducted all the twisters suck up the not so clever people?.

The irony, it is deliscious.

I don't think I used irony correctly or spelled delicious right, hence the poeticness.

I see... your poetic talent rivels that of Shakespear himself. :hmph:

:p

Anyways. We need a worldwide smart table, I want to know what country comes out top. (prolly south korea or japan or something lol)

Us Californians dont been to be smart, we are all pretty. So there. :p

Back