suspicious????

J

jojoba007

You know, I think that a few people on this forum could be right about the fact that there will be a HL2 Multiplayer.

point 1:
magazines put no negative point for the lack of multiplayer besides the mod CSS. Dont you think thats a little suspicious?
(only one dutch magazine that doesnt know everything)

point 2:
Why would valve release CSS this week if its the official multiplayer of HL2?
Did you ever played a game where they released the full MP before the release of the game? I didn't!! :cool:

I still think that Valve has a surprise for us.

/edit. they could easily ask the reviewers to say there is no extra multiplayer, or simply not inform them.

CS: Source have nothing to do with HL2 SP.

And some magazines did say it was a negative thing that there was no HL2DM

your all missing the point.... Hl2 itself doesnt have a multiplayer, but it comes free with CS:S, which is multiplayer...

jojoba007 said:
point 1:
magazines put no negative point for the lack of multiplayer besides the mod CSS. Dont you think thats a little suspicious?
Maybe you havent been paying attention, but as PC Gamplay clearly wrote,
"As a negative point the missing multiple egg merchant is stated."

(Proper translation: Points were deducted for the lack of multiplayer)

f|uke said:
Maybe you havent been paying attention, but as PC Gamplay clearly wrote,
"As a negative point the missing multiple egg merchant is stated."

(Translation: Points were deducted for the lack of multiplayer)

Like I said, only one dutch magazine.
That magazine isnt informed.

SilentKilla said:

/edit. they could easily ask the reviewers to say there is no extra multiplayer, or simply not inform them.

I dont think that Valve would hand an unfinished product to reviewers and thus take the risk to be given a lower score... just to keep mp a secret.

at least through experience with Valve, I am no longer that niave.

subtlesnake said:
It's normal for the review to focus on the single player component.

But it is not normal to leave the whole multiplayer part out of the review!!

it's really kind of sad how some people won't drop the issue.. there will be no half-life 2 themed multiplayer mode at launch. i promise.

Hes right! What a good marketing scheme.

"We have no Half-Life 2 multi-player, buy the game.":p

SilentKilla said:

gosh I am hoping so 2, I am trying to find somewhere in the forum that one of the reviews took points away for not having a MP, although yes Reaperman does have a point about CS:S.

I'm certain that none of the magazines know about any other multiplayer component except for CS:S. And as for point #2, its clear that releasing CS:S now gives Steam a huge advantage over retail.

I still think that something is going to happen that no one knows yet.

Mr. Redundant said:
I dont think that Valve would hand an unfinished product to reviewers and thus take the risk to be given a lower score... just to keep mp a secret.

at least through experience with Valve, I am no longer that niave.

Yeah, I agree with your statement, but I also dont think that valve would f*ck things up like that. To just dont put in a HL2 based MP.

Please, just except it. CS:S is the only multiplayer mode that comes with HL2 at launch. I'm not happy with it, but I can at least live with it.

Some desperate people here.... :sleep:

Like I said, only one dutch magazine.
That magazine isnt informed.

How come? Because it isn't American or British? Great thinking Batman. They have been to Valve 3 times now, and are just as informed as PC Gamer or PC Zone. Oh yeah, remember that 'you'll be able to drive a strider' thingy? Was that a Dutch (PCGP is Belgian btw) magazine? No it wasn't. So much for the 'informed' part.

hl2 world came up with some pretty heavy evidence that there is MP. I cant link you this site blocks in... Go look at hl2 world for the thread. In general chat.

jojoba007 said:
point 1:
magazines put no negative point for the lack of multiplayer...
That's because the lack of Half-Life 2 themed multiplayer is not the big deal the fanboys are making it out to be.

point 2:
Why would valve release CSS this week if its the official multiplayer of HL2?
Did you ever played a game where they released the full MP before the release of the game?
How many games have had as tumultuous a development cycle as Half-Life 2? What might be the norm for other games doesn't necessarily apply here. There's also the matter that Valve owns the Counter Strike intellectual property free and clear meaning they can release it whenever they want.

quick question what is the missing multiple egg merchant? newb here sorry!

Hard to say. Its easy to speculate about this game because Valve is so secretive. It'd be great to have vehicles in the MP. Just imagine all the crazy stunts you could pull off in one of those buggy's. :eek:

DeViouS said:
quick question what is the missing multiple egg merchant? newb here sorry!
It's a phrase that turned up in an auto-translated article from a Dutch site, I believe.

Mountain Man said:
It's a phrase that turned up in an auto-translated article from a Dutch site, I believe.

o, so it is like a "all your base are belong to us!" thing. thats friggin hilarious! :p :LOL:

I dont think that Half-life 2 has a DM. But what about HL:S that could have a new Source base DM maybe even with half-life 2 maps. But who knows?

to be honest, i bought the pc gameplay today, i know, they said it would be released on the 5th of october, but i saw it in the store, so i bought it, in the revieuw they say, "there will be no hl2 multiplayer, only css"

and there is no extra suprise everybody thought there was.
on the cover its says: en valve heeft ook een minder leuke verassing

that means that valve does have a negative suprise..no hl2 mp

I have the mag, and after reading the full article, it seems to me that deducting points wasn't such a bad decision anyway, because they say the following:

Ok, HL2 doesn't have a new HL2 themed MP, instead they just polished up a 5 year old mod, well we are very sorry, but we sure expected a lot more from Valve who were talking about the HL2 MP like it was something magic just a couple of months ago. ("Gabes: "I play HL2 MP every day quote" inserted here). Considering we played HLDM at our offices every day for about 4-5 years, we are surely dissapointed...we deducted points for that. Not because of the lack of an MP, but we just considered CS:S as the HL2 MP, and since that game isn't that good at all in our eyes, HL2 might get a less good score then expected.

But they repetetively say, that HL2 SP is thé next-gen shooter, and thé best game atm, and it was all they wanted...on the SP part... :p

ferd said:
I have the mag, and after reading the full article, it seems to me that deducting points wasn't such a bad decision anyway, because they say the following:

But they repetetively say, that HL2 SP is thé next-gen shooter, and thé best game atm, and it was all they wanted...on the SP part... :p

They didn't say that anywhere. They said that points were deducted for not having an original MP. They didn't say it was because they though CS:S was bad, they consider it an extra, not as the MP itself, something to make up for the loss of MP. They said it was even more disappointing that CS:S doesn't even have any new maps.

The literal translation would be:

'Valve hoped that we would think that the singeplayer campaign of HL2 was so brilliant that we would forgive them for the lack of a fancy MP. Partially, that worked, the singeplayer is just so impressive that you simply must play it. But regardless of that, we deducted points. As you might have noticed, it wasn't game of the month, that has only one reason: the lack of a decent MP. If they had just included the modes of the original with updated physics, maps and vehicles, it might have received the highest score ever.'

I think the surprise is gordans dancing headcrab sidekick named Eugene.
Together with gordans brains and brawn, and Eugenes comic relief and soft side, the two will edge it out across the streets of City 17.

Don't get your hopes up. You'll only end up blaming someone for breaking a "promise". Hehe...

LMAO that is the single worst thing they could do to the half-life series apart from making it a titanic ripoff

Don't worry man, I have the whole thing under control.

Newall and me go back to preschool days. . .

. . .I'm positive he'll take a request.

Phosis said:
Don't worry man, I have the whole thing under control.

Newall and me go back to preschool days. . .

. . .I'm positive he'll take a request.
I guess that's why you didn't care to spell his name right... cos' you're pals.. ;) :cheers:

Where we come from. . .spelling doesn't matter.

Just like avid fans. . . .they don't matter.

You guys are just gonna go against everything gabe has said and keep setting yourself up for a big ass letdown despite the amount of overwhelming evidence in your face to the contrary eh?

lemme guess you think god and jesus are real too dont you?

Its already been stated millions of times that the only multiplayer aspect of HL2 IS INDEED COUNTERSTRIKE SOURCE THAT IS ALL. theres not gonna be any magical hl2dm thats gonna surprise you on the day hl2 comes out. The reason they can release CS:S before they release hl2 is because they have a contract with vivendi saying they cant sell HL2 over steam before vivendi has the boxes on store shelves. THATS WHY THEY ARE RELEASING CS:S ON STEAM. because its not part of that contract and people like myself are getting tired of waiting for a game thats been delayed for over a year past its announced release date. any more time and im gonna move on and forget about it. I was still waiting for duke nukem forever up until about 4 years ago. theres only so long you can hold out.

Back