swat

T

[TBUK]apo

swat1.jpg

swat2.jpg

swat3.jpg

criticism welcome

Wow! Thats fscking nice! But his ankles look a bit too thin. Also could we see it rendered :)?

its not finished maxi havent bothered to texture it :p
right correct ankles :)
lupus ty :)

Oh my god?
Man that's beautiful.

Little off-topic but.
Since you work in XSI| Exp for HL2.
Can't you do a wep tutorial for newbies, please?
It would make my day!

Its a very nice model. They are some preportion faults around it, but apart from them its very nice.

The folds in the clothes seem a little unrealistic in places. But it still looks fine.

Thats about it...

dalith no time m8...i work and study @ same time and from that to fitness and girlfriend, playing and friends the time i have spared is so short i donno how i still find time to do some modeling....
ichi ty m8

[TBUK]apo said:
dalith no time m8...i work and study @ same time and from that to fitness and girlfriend, playing and friends the time i have spared is so short i donno how i still find time to do some modeling....
ichi ty m8

Oh, it's just that it's impossible to find a wep tutorial for XSI were they go by reference pic (not the ugly minigun one).
Guess it'll come one within time. :)

And I say it again, awesome work mate. I love it

looks sweeeet :D any chance of some renders that dont look shiny ??

crushenator 500 said:
awesome :D
thats one of the coolest soldier models ive ever seen.
character_creation1.jpg

;)

It's really good though to see a HL2 mod team actually bothering with high poly models for baking. Well done [TBUK]apo, keep up the good work. Be interesting to see how it develops over the weeks, just don't give up cause of silly things like girlfriends or real life :)

Dalith said:
You made that one Fenric? :O

BTW: You forgot 2 in 123456789. :p
Naa thats one of the Unreal3 high poly models for normal/texture baking, I can't take credit for it, I just think it looks very good :)

and yeah apparantly I can't count :p

hehe ty to all coments :)
that model looks awsome love the details but the poly count looks like D:
btw girlsfriend rulezz :D
ty again

Aye, 2 million polys, but they said in the video the actual models used had about 10k, but with the normal maps from the 2mil...mmmmmmmm.

Lupus said:
Aye, 2 million polys, but they said in the video the actual models used had about 10k, but with the normal maps from the 2mil...mmmmmmmm.
character_creation2.jpg

Low poly (5k) game model

character_creation3.jpg

Final result, I think its 2560x2560 or something texture maps generated from the high poly model.

[TBUK]apo is most certainly on the right track :)

.......man I wish I could model like that. Fenric what program is it you use for modelling? (I know you didn't do that monster hehe, just asking :) )

[TBUK]apo said:
tbh after seeing that model i got a little down :( :p
You shouldn't. Yours is WIP and its already on its way to being like that one. and that one was done by a pro. You should be happy you silly fool :p hehe
-

Lupus: Lightwave, XSI, Maya, Houdini

:) hehe tnx for the suporting words, next mesh will be better after i finish this one i promise :)

awesome, apo!

and fenric... as long as i don't know what gun he's got it's of no relevance :D :D :D :p

Great model, there are some errors. Maybe I'm just fooled by the perspective, but. 6 heads...

it's called individualism? :)

i really don't know about you, but... I personally have better things to do then checking other peoples models for correct heights :D it looks cool and realistic, so what...

Recoil, if you read apo's first post you would see "critisism welcome". :p
If there's any way apo can improve it, I think he would be glad full.

yeah...the legs are way to small, and the boots are a bit tiny. if you make them both bigger, then you'll get it up to about 7.5 - 8 heads tall which would fill Mikademius' criteria :p

hehe, he asked my opinion and got it. The human eye will always see errors like this even if it looks cool or not ;) We will ovbiously get an update on it soon anyways...

maybe not soon :p i luv me girl too much :D :blind: maybe in a month or so :D whenever

TIP: When you model your charaters NEVER have his arms sticking out at 90* Your model doesn't spend most of his time walking with his arms outstretched lik that, it's unnatural. The arms should be around 30-45* what the pros did with that UE3 character you posted.

Back