Switching cases

kickass2009

Reaction score
If i wanted to switch components from one case to another could i do so without having to reinstall the software for everything. For instance if you had two hard drives in raid 0 after you have unplugged them, and reinstalled them in the new case will the bios never think they left? I guess what im asking is will the bios stay the exact same once all the components are taken apart and reassembled in the other case, or will i have to start from scratch and do everything all over again.

Think about this one for a minute. You are turning off the computer and then turning the computer back on in a different case. As long as you keep the harddrives in the same order (primary/secondary order), everything should be fine.

As long as your computer doens't have some sort of case removal detection system (I can sense with my mind that it doesn't), then you're fine.

Damn those futureistic imaginary case removal detection systems.

But no, you'll be fine transfering everything over, like blahblahblah said, it's just like turning off the power and turning it back on. Just make sure you don't blow any of the components out while you transfer.

what do you mean blow an of the components out. To much electricity? How would i prevent that from happening.

kickass2009 said:
what do you mean blow an of the components out. To much electricity? How would i prevent that from happening.

You will be fine as long as you ground yourself before touching the components and you don't try to molest the motherboard. Give yourself some confidence man.

You ground yourself by touching the metal part of your computer case. Or you can spend $5 and buy a static wrist guard.

Oh I knew you had to ground yourself when doing all this its just i never heard anyone say blow out the components so i was a little confused. But now i understand. Thanks

Back