Sword Skinned

Ti133700N

Tank
Reaction score
Hi guys. I made this sword for my MOD. Try to guess the polycount :) I'll post a normal mapped model later. C&C please.

Attachments

• SwordRenderFinal.jpg
    SwordRenderFinal.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 409
Hey guys it's a detailed sword, not a plane with a texture :)

Looks nice but i know i've seen something very similar before.

Did you use this one as a reference? The pic below is a real sword.

Attachments

• uc151.jpg
    uc151.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 321
That's not the exact pic I used as a reference but yea, it is that sword :)

Thanks :) It might be a little hard to crits since it is skinned but i'll post a wireframe version with the polycount tomorrow.

Well I think it looks great, except the grip/hilt whatever its called, too smooth, wrap an ornate leather strap around it, sorted.

lovely texture job..how did u do the pattern on the sword did u re-draw it or edit photos?
whats the name of the sword .
if you could detail on the texturing job it wud be much apreciated.
btw u need a little more definition in the handle

The pommel and the guard are photo edited, the blade and the handle are made from scratch. I'll reskin the handle but I do not want to put a leather strap on it because I want to keep a clean look. On the reference, the handle seems to be in marble. Any suggestions on how I could texture it?

put a spot on it to simulate daylight.. I want to see shadow dammit!

just look through some marble references and get a general idea of properties that hte marbles uve seen have in common ...write it on a list and pay attention to it while skinning.

Hey Tili, good job with the texturing, I hope there is more to come ! Full armory ?? ;)

I'll post the normal mapped version in about 3 days and yes there is alot more to come :) ...and welcome to the forums fellow Quebequer :cool:

I have redone the handle and as I said I wanted to keep a marble / shining / clean look, so.. here it is

This is the high poly version I used to generate the normal map.

Back