System restart when I....

• Thread starter madrattlesnake1
  • Start date
M

madrattlesnake1

OK I'm not sure if this is a Steam problem, a video card problem or some other problem. Ok this is what happens, I play HL2 or Counter Strike: Source. I'm able to play no problem, nice frame rate, everything fine for about 20 minutes. Then, all of a sudden, after 20 minutes my computer jsut restarts out of nowhere. Did this happen to anyone before? Can this be my video card or its drivers or is this a Steam problem? I jsut updated my Catalyst drivers. My video card is the 9800 pro 128mbversion. Also, another thing is that when that happens it sometimes asks me to redownload cs:s. I installed it directly from the DVD the first time around. I also tried to play HL2: Deathmatch and it says I must redownload it even though when I isntalled the game I installed that component. Do these problems have anything to do with each other? Anyways, any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

if you get system properties up in the windows control panel, click on advanced, startup and recovery and deselect the 'automatically reboot' option. you'll now get a nice blue screen of death instead of a reboot. won't do anything for your problem, except the error message it gives you might be some use when you post (write it down exactly). i would search the forums and read as much as possible, i think lots of people have had this problem, but i'm not one of them

Back