Tax?

Narcolepsy

Reaction score
I see a very suspicious word on the purchase options... Anyone who has ordered, have you had to pay tax? I was under the impression that sales tax was ordained by the state, so it didn't apply to online orders.

yes i did it cost me an extra 10 bucks for here in the UK and that was silver. Gold was something like $117 includin shippin and tax.

I ask the same, and is there anyone form sweden who has bought it yet and who can tell me if you were charged with taxes, and if you were, how much?

Narcolepsy said:
I see a very suspicious word on the purchase options... Anyone who has ordered, have you had to pay tax? I was under the impression that sales tax was ordained by the state, so it didn't apply to online orders.

No, it gets confusing. You have to pay tax if the company (Vivendi or Valve) has physical assets in the state you live in. I'm not to current on internet sales tax, but I believe several states are trying to make internet sales pay a sales tax regardless if the company has assets in the state or not.

International orders are another things. As far as I know, no rules have been made about purchasing a product over the internet from one country to another.

10 bucks, wow VAVLe is going to be rich when it's all over..

so u get the uk vat rate of 17.5 on top of the steam price when u order from the uk. so its about 40 quid for silver, when the retail is 27. this doesnt seem right to me, although u cant really compare the silver to the retail of hl2.

i wish they would tell us how much dod:s and hl:s are to buy via steam if u own the retail

I'm curious about the tax in Florida. I get nervous when it's asking me to put my credit card number in before I know the actual price that will be billed.

it will tell you the exact price at the end of the ordering process.

In the states, there's no FEDERAL tax on intarweb sales. Some states charge a tax for stuff sold in their state, but those laws are routinely ignored.

Has any one from canada ordered gold yet? what was your total?

Im woried about that we may get hit with gov taxes when they ship the items and they hit the border (they like to do that)... ;(

Mevoki said:
I ask the same, and is there anyone form sweden who has bought it yet and who can tell me if you were charged with taxes, and if you were, how much?

jepp.... 14 dollar =\

For belgium 18.89$ tax & 29.95$ shipping...

a whopping 138.79$ total (113€)
oh well...

Torre said:
For belgium 18.89$ tax & 29.95$ shipping...

a whopping 138.79$ total (113€)
oh well...

for gold?

I live in holland and I want to upgrade my voucher to silver so that's $10 + TAX so if the Tax is same (or almost) I think I need to pay $12.10

then the tax is around 21% if that in the Quote was for gold

hmmmmm... does anyone know about the state of Georgia?

I bought cs: cz off steam, but I can't remember if there was tax.. GR.

KillaH said:
for gold?

I live in holland and I want to upgrade my voucher to silver so that's $10 + TAX so if the Tax is same (or almost) I think I need to pay $12.10

then the tax is around 21% if that in the Quote was for gold

Yes that's for the gold package, 90 bucks + tax & shipping.

i live in british columbia and they didnt charge me any tax, well at least thats what it says on the recipt for puchase.
Edit: I bought sliver.

Back