Team America! CSS Mod

-Psy-

Walking round in women's underwear
Reaction score
Durkha Durkha!

Intelligence has intercepted radio transmissions...

I need a character modeller and animator! I plan to change the radio commands and various sounds to be replaced with quotes from Team America :)

If ya wanna help pm me.

And remember...

team%20america.jpg

Where do you need a character modeller for if you want to modifie sounds?

*Waits for Angry Lawyer to walk into the thread and explain some things*

why dont you explain those things man why do you guys cling to his balls so much?

Well, the IP owners of Team America will come down on you like a tonne of bricks if you make it.

People hang from my balls because I have nads of steel.

-Angry Lawyer

I think the real story of this forum, Is watching the exponential expansion of Angry Lawyers ego as more and more people defer to his wisdom. Its like a massive cloud of stellar material being expelled after the death of a star. Its just bursting out through the vacuum of space, getting ever larger until eternity.

I will sit back and watch with a true sense of awe and wonderment.

armanguy said:
why dont you explain those things man why do you guys cling to his balls so much?

I have two hands, I can cling to yours too if you want.

LOL, everyone always mentions copyright laws blah blah blah, look at the people who made southpark and also look at what they get away with in terms of quotes and actions from other films. I mean, common. Stop been so political, if you can help the guy post. If you can't stop posting stupid "THE FBI WILL GET YOU" like all the other threads that mention anything remotly similar to a film or other game. This has been going on for over 2 years. WTF! Stop it already.

armanguy said:
oh god im laughing a lot now

Exponential
1. Of or relating to an exponent.
2. Mathematics.
1. Containing, involving, or expressed as an exponent.
2. Expressed in terms of a designated power of e, the base of natural logarithms.

Never, and I mean never, Challenge my word skills.

(Speaking of ego)

Incase that definition didn't make it clear enough... Multiply a number by itself, or doubling something(I.E Angry Lawyer's Ego) and then doubling it again, is called "increasing exponentially"

And this has been Analognovelist word of the day.

Tommorow: Flaccid

IchI said:
LOL, everyone always mentions copyright laws blah blah blah, look at the people who made southpark and also look at what they get away with in terms of quotes and actions from other films. I mean, common. Stop been so political, if you can help the guy post. If you can't stop posting stupid "THE FBI WILL GET YOU" like all the other threads that mention anything remotly similar to a film or other game. This has been going on for over 2 years. WTF! Stop it already.

I doubt Matt and Trey would care, but they have lawyers (angrier than ours ;)) who devour flesh for fun. It's copyright infringement. South Park makes fun of people and events, but they either a) get permission or b) manage to stand JUST outside of it. You know Weird Al gets permission from everyone he parodies? It's that kind of thing. You HAVE to do it.

Analognovelist said:
And this has been Analognovelist word of the day.

Tommorow: Flaccid

Yeah, your word of the day would be flaccid.

ZING! :E

Analognovelist, you've topped my list of funny/smartness.

Anyways, as for the case of South Park, it's classed as "Parody", as it takes the piss out of things. Therefore, its legal, as IP laws allow for parody and educational use.

And Ichi, as much as I respect your opinion - you're wrong. Lawyers DO come down on people like a tonne of bricks.

I know that no comment is valid without evidence, so I'll point you towards http://binarybonsai.com/archives/2004/07/20/cease-and-desist/

Megan O'Brien said:
Fox has not authorized you or anyone else who is or may be assisting you or working on your behalf to develop the total conversion of Aliens vs. Predator, nor are you or anyone else authorized to use any of Fox's other intellectual property with respect to the Films and the Game. Therefore, Fox hereby demands that you immediately cease and desist from creating the total conversion and/or using any elements from the Films and the Game in any manner whatsoever.

In addition to the foregoing, Fox hereby demands that you do the following:

Provide Fox with the names and addresses of all other persons who are participating with you in the creation of the total conversion and the replication of the artwork from the Films and Game;

They DO come after you.

-Angry Lawyer

Man, that sucks. I really woulda enjoyed hearing Durkha Durkha as "Terrorists Win" appears on the screen :(

Actually you don't need permission to parody. The tricky bit is creating something that is recognisable enough as a parody. Why do political and celebrity impressionists get away with doing what they do without being taken to court on slander charges? It's because they are recognisably satirical, so there is no doubt in people's mind that this is not an accurate account of reality. They suggest many would-be slanderous topics but never give the impression that this is actually what happened.

Taking the subject matter of "Team America", itself a satirical view on world (and specifically US politics) and also on Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds concept and just duplicating it as a game without permission is IP theft.

Also Parker and Stone have got upset about people stealing or mimicking their concepts in the past. Remember Bowling for Columbine? Remember the brief history of Black America that immediately followed Michael Moore's interview with the two? Well they didn't make that cartoon, but Moore deliberately positioned it to follow their appearance on-screen and mimicked (very closely, I might add) their comedic style. And they were pissed, which is why in Team America there is, which they freely admit to, some backhanded bitchslap directed at Moore for ripping them off without their prior knowledge.

So yes, they do care.

[Edit] Ah, damn. Weird AL beat me to it :p

Ah well. Was a good idea though :p

But how do people like Goldeneye Source get away with it?

Actually, they don't, as far as I know. They won't get away with it. Lawyers like to bide their time, and will strike just before a release.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Actually, they don't, as far as I know. They won't get away with it. Lawyers like to bide their time, and will strike just before a release.

-Angry Lawyer
God your race is so evil

But we bring you Zombie Master, which makes us tolerable.

-Angry Lawyer

The whole process is really insidious, but lawyers are less real people, and more the pointy pointy cogs of in behemoth machine that operates almost entirely on its own concentrated evil. They HAVE to be pricks about it for the express purpose of neccesitating their own existence. They are by definition "By the book" or, failing that "around the book, above the book, or just all-together above and beyond the book" Really I guess I mean the have the book, and they take into account somehow, So WE as the hapless, dew-eyed idealist, need to at least know something about said "book" so that when the lawyer's come swooping down out of their murky, shadow infested den of iniquity, we can at least have an answer for them except, "DUDE, THATS NOT FAIR" Because that represents human suffering, and we all know human suffering only makes lawyers stronger.

Long story short: Do some research people

Wait, don't lawyers HAVE to lose like... 50% of the time, since they are usually going up against each other?

OOOH BESTED IN MENTAL COMBAT.

I said good day sir.

Analognovelist, you're quite possibly Shens in disguise. Therefore, you have my respect.

When Lawyers lose in the courtroom, they still get paid. So they're still winnars!

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
But we bring you Zombie Master, which makes us tolerable.

-Angry Lawyer

not entirely true...it makes only you more tolerable! :p

unless other lawyers are working on ZM with you of course...

Kangy's a lawyer-in-training, and he's doing writing, playtesting, and public relations for the mod.

-Angry Lawyer

this thread is turning rather political. analognovelist why did u apologise for double posting before posting the second thread?

Because originally it was a double, but I editting the first into "Sorry for double posting" I realize that that creates a sort of logical paradox, but what the hell, I like to live dangerously.

Angry Lawyer: Touche my friend, a respectable parry to my logical rapier thrust, I'll get you next time... NEXXTT TIIIIIMEE.

Oh, and I have no idea who Shens is, Although, I'm assuming that's probably what this Shens person would say, if they are in fact like me, so uh... I've offically backed my self into a confusing little corner.

I realize that that creates a sort of logical paradox, but what the hell, I like to live dangerously.

hahaha it confused the hell out of me.

IchI said:

Because sueing the makers of southpark would make a celebs coolness plummet, and their shows would never get any watchage.

The grammatical and sentence configuration of my semblant doppelganger is quite akin to approximately two-months former Shens.

Oh dear.

Angry Lawyer said:
When Lawyers lose in the courtroom, they still get paid. So they're still winnars!

-Angry Lawyer

Yeah um like, my client is all like...

*PSST, hey Marty, what's the word again?*

Yeah not guiltie.

*What? Or for ****s sa...*

I'm sorry, not guilty.

/me grabs left testicle

So, let me get this straight, you're accusing me of biting your style, when that last post was the first sparkling gem of yours that I've had the pleasure to lay eyes on? Pshaw my friend, PAH...SHAW. Oh, and a little word to the wise, there's an essay by George Orwell, I believe its called "The Ten Deadly Sins of Writing," or something in like that. Do yourself a HUGE favor, and read that puppy, especially the section detailing a concept called "economy of language." See what Mr. Orwell(Or Thoreau, or Whitman, or basically every major American writer since the beginning of the modern era) has to say about using the largest possible word you can think of in every situation. On this forum you may be able to fool people into marvelling at your prowess with language, but I see you for what you really are. "A cheap imposter with a lackadaisical smoke and mirror show" And those are Orwell's words, not mine.

Back