Team Fortress 2 - in 2 weeks

kingthebadger

Reaction score
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/219676.asp

pt_tf4_screen002_ssgsfst2132.jpg

:| ebgames used to have a 1999 release date for teamfortress 2...years past 99

Will the ones with Gold Package get TF2 for free?

It would be nice but that is just a date out of their...you know what I mean.

Ha. Why would they get TF2 free? It didn't say forward catalog. ;)

Remember when everyone would say "holy crap! although valve of vu hassn't said anything EB says it will be out in april!!!"

Im 89% sure that it's just a ESTIMATE like the hl2 dates were

estimate...and look at the screenies, thats the half life engine.

besides...who releases a game on near years eve, i'm flat out saying this is ballocks

Isn't posting a 31/12 date standard when the releasedate is unknown?

Isn't posting a 31/12 date standard when the releasedate is unknown?
It might be but no retailers use it :(.(Onless you using american way(I am american) and you mean 12/31(I hate day before month).)
There is no annoucment on TF2. Just because a retailer is set that way does not mean it is going to be that. Until the publisher gives the date, all other dates cannot even be considered.
It is a placeholder date, nothing more.

It says 12/31/04 cuz thats the last day of the year most likly. Then next year it might not change or turn to 12/31/05.

It is not the release date what so ever.

Valve said after HL2's release they would start commenting on HL2. That will probably happen soon but hasn't yet. When it dose you will here it everywhere.

So, this is not a release date in any form or any way. It is what retailers do, to games that have no release date.

Note: There have been no screenshots\videos ever released on TF2 while its been on source. No info has even come from it for like 3 years now.

Minerel said:
Note: There have been no screenshots\videos ever released on TF2 while its been on source. No info has even come from it for like 3 years now.
That explains why the ebgames screens look so f'n crappy. I was wondering what was going on there...
kingthebadger said:
im sure of it
DOD:S is included with gold, not TF2.

urban said:
estimate...and look at the screenies, thats the half life engine.

doesn't anyone remember the pictures and video's right back when? those are the screenies.

Kind of strange to think that a few years ago those screenshots looked top notch.

This is from http://www.planetfortress.com/tf2/
Team Fortress 2's development and status has been kept under wraps since Valve switched to an internally built engine. Doug Lombardi explains why:
When Robin Walker, Yahn Bernier and John Cook -- who are some of the leaders on the development team -- first started going toward the path they wanted to with Team Fortress 2, toward the game that they wanted to make once they'd defined it, it became clear that the Half-Life technology base was going to be pretty limiting. It has been said 'on the record' that there's a new internally-built engine, and TF2 will use that. So rather than showing more old screenshots and stuff that's in development while we're building the new engine, we decided to put it back into the pot and cook it a bit more. We'll start showing it again once it gets to a certain point, and we're now getting there.

There are a lot of rumours flying around suggesting that it's never coming out, but it's absolutely still in development. We hold our quality bars up really high. When people finally get to see it, they're going to understand what we've been up to and why we've been busy doing that rather than other things.
As a result, all preview content in this section is from the previous engine design; we'll leave it up for archival interest. Rest assured, when new information comes out, we'll be right on top of it. Thanks for visiting!

I expect TF2 to come out the same week as Duke Nukem Forever.

WOO! 666 POSTS!:devil:

I think CSS, HL2 expansion and HL2DM are far more important to Valve at this point.

Once everythings been perfect and the engines at the point where all the public tools are out with all entities fixed and tested on a wide range - then they'll start to settle on TFC2.

I think CSS, HL2 expansion and HL2DM are far more important to Valve at this point.

Agreed. But the absence of TF2 news can be very disturbing... :(

In the article going around about the HL2 Expansion, I believe it says that Valve will release information about TF2 "in Spring". Makes sense with E3 2005 in the summer... Expected release date? September 30th 2005 :p

I was looking at the beginning of the thread and was like, "I thought they said two weaks, this is like, three months" when I saw the date at EB games. Didn't realize it was revived till now.

Oh and reviver dude, if this is the first forum you've joined (or first time you've done this) next time you're searching the forums it's usually best to not post in anything you find. I've done this a bunch in other forums and I was flammed as bad as possible.

Happy first post!

kupoartist said:
In the article going around about the HL2 Expansion, I believe it says that Valve will release information about TF2 "in Spring". Makes sense with E3 2005 in the summer... Expected release date? September 30th 2005 :p
Lol. Yeh, I'm pretty sure TF2 will present in E32005 along with maybe some ATi Levels. But who knows, they haven't even released the new player models, chickens (for Italy), and bot updates for CS:Source yet.

sinkoman said:
"and I was flammed as bad as possible."

Damn, you got "flammed" eh? That's terrible.

Some flamming by smileys..

:sniper: ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

Awww.... come one you bastards, don't kick up a thread that's called 'TF2 in two weeks' it got my hopes up :(

seriously did you see the screen shots on that site that would be the biggest let down ever

jmjneary said:
seriously did you see the screen shots on that site that would be the biggest let down ever
It would have rocked if it had released on schedule... 1999-2000 time.

Back