Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
A relatively small update was recently released for Team Fortress 2, includes some map changes and new community items.[br]
  • Added new community weapons and hats
  • Updated CP_Gorge
    • Added nobuilds to the awnings outside BLU's forward spawn to preventing players building up there.
    • More clip work and model collision work based on community feedback.
    • Fixed BLU forward spawn door appearing through roof
  • Updated PLR_Pipeline
    • Added new stairwell in Stage 1 and window access to both teams platforms by main choke point to help alleviate stalemates
    • Reverted the starting position for the cart in Stage 3 if a team had won the first 2 stages to where you no longer get a big cart-start-position advantage
    • Fixed the map not finishing correctly in Stage 3 if the two teams capture the final point at the same time[br]Pretty interesting set of changes, just waiting for that Engineer update now! You can see the full list of updates here.

Pipeline is a great map, but it seems rare nowadays. I'll hunt one up and see where this staircase goes.

It's funny how much they seem to care about balance, and yet they shovel these community weapons into the game by the bushel full.

Yadadadadadada....balanced and maps ok. WHAT NEW WEAPONS

Demoman - Scotsman' skullcutter
250px-Scotsman%27s_skullcutter.png

The Scotsman's skullcutter is an unlockable, community-made melee weapon wielded by the Demoman. It appears as a bloodied battle-axe with a wooden shaft. Like the Eyelander, it is capable of cutting off enemies' heads; although, it cannot gain power by doing so.

Sniper - Tribalman's shiv
250px-Tribalman%27s_shiv.png

The Tribalman's Shiv is an unlockable, community-made melee weapon for the Sniper class. When it strikes an enemy, it leaves a seeping wound which bleeds out for 8 seconds after being inflicted. However, the knife itself deals 35% less damage as a trade-off.

Can't see anything else new on the tf2 wiki

Both look awesome. You can craft these items with specific blueprints.

AND HATS:

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Hats

Medic - ze goggle (splinter cell-like night vision goggles) & a gentlemens gatsby (WWII like beret)
Engineer - Safe n Sound - headphones!
Sniper - Bloke's Bucket Hat - Looks like a fishing hat with bait attached it to etc
Heavy - Heavy duty rag - rag tied up at the back bandana / Pi Mu Rho styleeeee
Demoman - Tipplers Tricone - Typical triangular hat from 18th century
Pyro - Whiskered gentleman (awesome!) - monocle and fake beard stuck on top of pyro mask & Vintage merryweather (roman like helmet)
Spy - Frenchmans Beret - Standard with some cigars on the side
Scout - Whoopee Hat - party like / christmas cracker hat
Soldier - Sergeant's drill hat (awesome!) - speaks for itself and should fit nicely.

Surely night vision goggles should be a Spy hat?

Woah... I'm a few weapons away from having an item to craft for the medic... maybe I'll whomp up ze goggles.

Yadadadadadada....balanced and maps ok. WHAT NEW WEAPONS

Demoman - Scotsman' skullcutter

Sniper - Tribalman's shiv

The shiv might be okay.. but it's just a less useful flamethrower, really. The skullcutter is pretty bad because it reduces your speed.. which the demoman wasn't at to begin with. Coupled with it being a melee weapon, I don't see it being used too much.

The Tribalman's Shiv and Jarate combined = extreme piss attack.

The shiv amounts to nothing more than a shitty flame thrower, and the axe is pretty decent, and it does an obscene amount of damage to lower health classes. That said I think the claymore is still preferable since you can gain more health, and actually manage to catch up to someone if the first swing failed kill them immediately.

The new hats are all pretty cool, although it doesn't really matter since the drop system is so gimped anyway that you would have to wait weeks, if you're a casual player, to even hope to amass enough scrap to craft a hat.

They've changed the drop system so that (in theory) casual players should get about the same amount of drops as idlers and people who play for hours a day (ie, the more you play, the longer apart your drops will be).

Hooray I finally got enough metal to craft myself a hat and I get the awesomely awesome

104g2m1.png

They've changed the drop system so that (in theory) casual players should get about the name amount of drops as idlers and people who play for hours a day (ie, the more you play, the longer apart your drops will be).

wtf

So all those hours I was playing for stuff to drop is.. Technically a waste?

Back