Techno....

Vigilante

Reaction score
Who here listens to techno, if so what style?

I enjoy listening to trance-ish stuff like Nick Warren (especially Reykjavik). His stuff is more laid back, not in your face like a lot of techno is.

i dj, drum and bass, trance, house, funky house, hard trance, etc etc etc :) its all so beautifull

Vigilante said:
Who here listens to techno, if so what style?

I enjoy listening to trance-ish stuff like Nick Warren (especially Reykjavik). His stuff is more laid back, not in your face like a lot of techno is.

no. \

Hmm, it seems my 8 page thread about Techo has been deleted.

D:

hmm.

i listen to ambient, goa/psytrance, drum and bass, and idm

I don't listen to techno all that much, but I like some of it. I've heard a few songs by Paul Oakenfold, and I like his stuff a lot.

Moby ftw \0/
And Daft Punk

And I also listen to any type of techno, as long as the beat's good (So none of that single beat crap)

I like Moby, I guess you can say he's techno (atleast some songs). Songs like Extreme Ways, Porcelain, Southside, and We Are All Made Of Stars just really gets me in the mood to... do things.

I'm waiting for somebody to come in here and bitch about how "GOD DAMNIT U GUYS THAT IS NOT TECHNO WTF UR SO GAY".

Beerdude26 said:
Moby ftw \0/
And Daft Punk

And I also listen to any type of techno, as long as the beat's good (So none of that single beat crap)

My friend's brother listens to that. Its just BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM for 15 minutes. I think it was called Gabba??

Gabber.

I dislike the 4/4 beat in general but it's great for dancing.

I like most kind of techno, drum n bass, goa/psytrance, and such stuff.

Gabber is so unbelievably ridiculous and horrid that it's actually kind of neat in some ironic sense.

4/4 beat is good so long as you can do something interesting with it. Underworld is good at that. So is Orbital. So is early Aphex. The problem is that it's just such a staple in the constant cookie-cutter crap that passes for music in the mainstream. The issue's not with the beat, but that you can't distinguish one god damn song from another.

I dont know what genre/label or whatever it's called but I like techno ...specifically the kind with blips and bleeps

Absinthe said:
Gabber is so unbelievably ridiculous and horrid that it's actually kind of neat in some ironic sense.

LOL. Very true.

Is Gabber the name of a subgenre or an artist?

Genre. I went to a gabber club one time with my buddies. The only people in there were scary dutch people pounding their heads like idiots to this monotonous *OONTZ* *OONTZ* *OONTZ* sound at 150-180 BPM for hours on end. It was stupid as Hell but oddly fascinating.

Let's see...

Progressive House, D+B, Trance, Chill... Well, I just like all techno. Here's a list of the groups I like C&P from another thread.

Infected Mushroom
Iio
Freezepop
ATB
DJ Sandra
Tiesto
Paul Van Dyke
DJ Irish
DJ Rap (Her live stuff mostly)
Milk Inc.
Delerium
Dubstars