Teh Best Hammah Tutorial Evah

TigerStar

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this so..

The title is what the name of this tutorial is going to be. It'll help the newbs, but it will probably as well be a great reference for the more advanced mappers. Well, I'm taking ideas for what I should add into this tutorial. I already have planned.. (Note, not in order)

How to start hammer up :p
Basic Room
Props
Fire
Water
3d Skybox

That's all I can think of right now. Any ideas people? Any ideas I get, I'm plunging them into the tutorial.

i'd say cover how to create primitives, good techniques on using said primitives, basic lighting (light_spot and light_environment), 2d and 3d skyboxes, water, fire, and other basic entities/materials, static, detail, and physics props, basic architectural guidelines, and stuff like tying an entity to a brush.

Yep, thanks for some ideas Ennui. So this isn't the wrong place to put this?

my request is, dont write you tutorials in the same "accented" way you wrote the title. i am not saying this to be smart. its a genuine request :angel:

The title means nothing, it is only a title. I'm not going to have

"Tehn you puut dis h3r3"

Or anything like that. Chapter 1 which just explains a little so people don't get confused on chapter 2. Chapter 2 is a basic room and such, 3 is probably going to be lighting. Chapter 1 and 2 are both done now.

Back