Tell me about gang trouble where you live?

wow, what some of you gus have posted is pretty shocking to me, sure the u.s. is known for it's crime rates, but the worst thing that has happened to me personally are bums asking for money, which is apparently not at all comparable to what you guys go through

I just read in this morning's paper (La Presse - Montreal) that a small town in canada named Hutington (near the american border) that has a population of 2700 people has a big problem with vandalism. They say that young people roam in the streets at night and do a lot of grafiti on houses. To stop this, the mayor has decided to put a 10:30 curfew for everyone under 15 years old. If your too young and get cought on the street you get a nice 100$CAN fine (~66$US). This new law should start in a week or two, and since it was announced the number of vandalism acts have been rising.

Maybe in some countries this can seem normal, but a curfew in canada is very weird. I am even suprised its legal. But the provincial police has decided not to follow it and to leave it to the mayor of the town to do it.

I think its really stupid.

In France the arabs use to keep town in havok, gangs all around, killing, bulling, graffity you name it.
So the goverment installed a Foreign Legion, for a month you could see the army in the streets fighting the arabs. :LOL:
And since them is like heaven on earth :smoking:

I'm sure I have gangs around where I live, but I don't go out seeking them. I'm in a relatively nice neighborhood I like to think. I moved now, and thank god I love in a cul-de-sac now that is next to a main roadway. Who the hell does a driveby through a cul-de-sac anyways? <snickers> Thats right, I never heard anything of the likes, so i'm pretty comfy where I am. It also helps that I live near a very busy roadway(cant hear traffic even, oddly enough)

Farrowlesparrow said:
Are you serious? So if someone tried to mug you you would just pull it out and blast a few in them? What if they (and this is most likely) took you by surprise and turned the gun on you?

I don't see anything wrong with killing muggers. It would get me into prison, though. And how would they take me by suprise and turn the gun on me? They don't know that I have one.

Adrien C said:
In France the arabs use to keep town in havok, gangs all around, killing, bulling, graffity you name it.
So the goverment installed a Foreign Legion, for a month you could see the army in the streets fighting the arabs. :LOL:
And since them is like heaven on earth :smoking:

I really, really wouldn't want to mess with the FFL.

Cybernoid said:
I don't see anything wrong with killing muggers. It would get me into prison, though. And how would they take me by suprise and turn the gun on me? They don't know that I have one.

How about I put it this way...If a man was arrested for stealing someone mobile phone...would they deserve to be executed? Alright, the heat of the moment comes into it but there are better ways of defending yourself than a gun. Perhaps they don;t know you have a gun but if someone pulled a knife on you when you weren't expecting it, you aren't going to be all cool, pull out the gun and shoot the knife out of their hand. In all likelyhood you would either freeze because fear has taken control or you might fumble the gun out of your holster, at which point you either drop it or manage to shoot him. If you shoot him, it may be self defense but you can still get arrested for things like that, even in countries where guns are legal.

Anyway, back to the point about better ways of defending yourself. You could learn a martial art. If someone tries to mug you, you could jsut take them down in a flash (Because you have the discipline and the know how after being taight by a professional). If they had a gun, then you either hand over the money because they are too far away to take down or if they are close you agian put your training to practice and floor them. Having to pull outa gun yourself would take more time and get yourself shot.

Farrowlesparrow said:
How about I put it this way...If a man was arrested for stealing someone mobile phone...would they deserve to be executed?

I meant that I don't see anything wrong with killing someone in self-defence. But it's illegal, so it's out of the question.

Alright, the heat of the moment comes into it but there are better ways of defending yourself than a gun. Perhaps they don;t know you have a gun but if someone pulled a knife on you when you weren't expecting it, you aren't going to be all cool, pull out the gun and shoot the knife out of their hand. In all likelyhood you would either freeze because fear has taken control or you might fumble the gun out of your holster, at which point you either drop it or manage to shoot him. If you shoot him, it may be self defense but you can still get arrested for things like that, even in countries where guns are legal.

I know basic krav maga techniques againts knives. It's not like a gun (supposing that I had one) would be my only option.

I have never encounterd any gang whatsoever in my entire life!

Cybernoid said:
I meant that I don't see anything wrong with killing someone in self-defence. But it's illegal, so it's out of the question.

I know basic krav maga techniques againts knives. It's not like a gun (supposing that I had one) would be my only option.

Erm, if they have a knife and you know "basic" techniques against knives. Give them your god damn money. Seriously.

I have been doin martial arts for a fair while now and every time I get taught about knives and I am asked to try and attack the instructer with a fake knife I nearly allways manage to make contact.

Some look embarised but the best trainers say "Thats why you should allways give em your money"

Seriously. Dont go arround thinking that you can take out all these people. Its not a healthy state of mind.

completely OT, but anyone who knows a bit of martial arts knows that the average knife is about the most dangerous melee weapon you can come up against if you're empty-handed. a monkey can use a knife, and it's maneuverability makes it very difficult to control/predict unlike larger weapons (bats, swords, sticks, etc..).

marksmanHL2 :) said:
Erm, if they have a knife and you know "basic" techniques against knives. Give them your god damn money. Seriously.

I think not.

Seriously. Dont go arround thinking that you can take out all these people. Its not a healthy state of mind.

It's the only state of mind.

i live in new york, there is a shooting or two everyday by where i live.

its pretty bad.

Pfft. I'm obviously a violent, selfish thug, but I still maintain that if you attempt to assault/mug/whatever a complete stranger for whatever reason you deserve to be shot into oblivion. You can't steal or rape or maim in self defence or by accident.

As for gangs, yeah, its the usual chavs, walking shitpiles that they are, in my place. Carlisle isn't too bad, we're not exactly a nightclub filled metropolis or anything. Generally the problem is bored bastards on estates or drunken louts with no sense of anything but their own ego. I'm short, ugly, and weird looking, and yet strangely I don't get too much trouble. They must all think I'm a freaky psycho of some sort...

Well here is the jist of it. In Preston centre is pretty rough, especially around the Avenham and Fulwood areas. Mod PiMuhro (I think thats his name) will agree with that

Back