Texture Artist/Skinner Offering Help

egoncalo

Reaction score
Hey all,
I've had experience for 5 years in Photoshop but limitedly doing textures. I'd like to help out with an experienced mod team. I can probably do anything you need, but I don't have a portfolio to show you. If anyone needs an extra hand let me know!

What happened to "Grim Horizons" ?

But if you would like to do a sample texture for us.. like something remade from black mesa, im sure you can find a place at Head-Humped.

-NSF

I just need some practice while the team is getting put together. I'd like some experience under my belt. I've written most of the story, and the ideas behind the mod "Grim Horizons." So as soon as I get a full team going the mod will be full steam ahead. I'll try to cook something up to get over to ya. Talk to you soon.

Opposing Source are desperatly seeking Skinners and Texture Artists..

It's not officially live yet but our site is here and you can check out our forums, to post an application with some example work here

Thanks!

Well I tried my first HL2 skin, not quite sure with how the wrapping goes yet, but my first skin came out pretty well I think. Knowing PS and using it for 5 years made it pretty easy. Here's the CITY17 Sentry:

CITY17-SentrySkin-EvanGonca.gif

CITY17-Sentry-EvanGoncalo.gif

I'll contact you soon, here's another I just made for Alyx:

GhostBusters-Alyx-EvanGonca.gif

The Alyx one is definately the better of the two.
You're pretty good at what you do.

-Angry Lawyer

Grim Horizons

Description:
Elect a captain and board your cruiser… you're in for the fight of your life. "Grim Horizons" is an air combat mod in which players can gain combat experience allowing for personal upgrades and ranks. Along with the experience system is an exciting money system that allows each cruiser's captain to upgrade their crew's weaponry, and boost their cruisers performance with exciting and dangerous additions. Look forward to a completely new experience that you will witness in no other Half-Life 2 modification!

Players:
Each cruiser is piloted by a player elected captain and has a crew of four other players. Teams will be auto-balanced and bots will fill empty crew spots on cruisers of either faction. Two factions will fill the battlefield with rival cruisers. These factions are the R.A.G., the Royal Air Guard, and the Sky Brigands.

Captain (Player Election) System:
Players will be able to elect a crew member of their choice to be captain of their cruiser. The decision can be based on player opinion and does not rely upon experience or score. If players are dissatisfied with their elected captain they may mutiny and elect a new captain. They may also elect another captain upon the previous captain's departure from the server.

EXP (Experience) System:
Crew members gain experience for opposing players killed, siege damage done, and overall round accuracy. These points will allow players to upgrade several factors that will affect their playing ability. Each will have four experience levels that players may upgrade to. These factors are:
  • Muscle - Allows the player to bear/maneuver their siege weaponry faster.
  • Stamina - Affects the player's loading speed and sprint ability.
  • Accuracy - Steadies and darkens the players aiming reticule/crosshair.
  • Engineering - Players weaponry becomes more useful and accurate.

GP (Money) System:
As the player's cruiser damages and shoots down the other faction GP is progressively gained. With this GP the elected captain will be allotted a time before each round to purchase cruiser upgrades, and personnel weaponry. Each upgrade will also have four available levels of upgrades. Some of the available upgrades are:
  • Armor Plating - Progressive Upgrades
  • Navigation - Individual Upgrades
  • Engines - Progressive Upgrades
  • Personnel Weaponry - Individual Upgrades
  • Siege Weaponry- Individual Upgrades

Hey man, Xenos is an established team that could really, really use your help. We've got a hell of a team already and we could use your skills :D

Give me your email address or your MSN/AIM screennames. I'll type up the mod in a nutshell and then we'll see if you want to join. Brief description: starcraft's Zerg or the aliens from the Alien movies fighting human marines, with a focus on immersion and atmosphere.

Back