Textures & Lighting

DevgruSeal

Reaction score
Okay, I just created a simple testing map to test Hammer II. I added func_smokevolume, and this is the result I got.

Also, why are the models in the game have a purplish tint to it sometimes? (Snapshots attached) Sometimes they don't show up at all...

It also did this on de_aztec...A rolling barrell had a blue glow in various places..

Attachments

• test_hardware_whitemodel.JPG
    test_hardware_whitemodel.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 408
  • test_hl2zone_weirdgraphics.JPG
    test_hl2zone_weirdgraphics.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 368
the purple and black things means that the texture for that object is missing :p.

The invisible guy is a directx issue. If you played with "-dxlevel 8" then that's why that happens.

The blue and purple swirles are graphics card issues also. The game is telling the card to render something it cannot.

The purple and black textures appear when you are missing a texture. It doesn't happen often, but enough to get annoying... Submit any of these missing textures (on official maps) to Valve via the bug tool.

Well, I used to not have that problem...Thats whats wierd...

i belive the pink checkerbox is used to replace missing textures or "materials"
or inpropper matieials.
i used to get that problem on my water untill i corrected the shader.

Black models

I've got the same problem, the texture of the monsters or guns is black and glow blue or purple. I try to apply the texture, ex: zombie, but it ain't doing a thing. :hmph:

Back