TFC: Source?

V

verse

Whats the deal? TFC is one of those classic mods, and should be ported ASAP :D

Yeah, but remember, we have that game called Team Fortress 2 that was postponed untill hell froze over, and guess what, the temerature is starting to drop =]

It's too bad they chose to do Counter-Strike first... :hmph:

i think tfc:s will be held back in favour of releasing tf2, which i hear is a fair bit different from any of the old qwtf ports..

it's a bit more like halo crossed with natural selection ;-)

memories... tfc is the first online mp shooter i played :)

I'd like TFC:S before TF2

TFC is just.. great. It's like a "serious" team game that you try to win, but at the same time it's got that CRAZY super fast paced action, explosions, everything happening at once, etc. Just a great combo of a team oriented mission and crazy deathmatching.

Counter Strike Source is the coolest game i have played in my life

I want TFC:S to keep it's original "funny" aspect... I love sending scouts flying when I blow them up with the pipelauncher :D

Evil^Milk said:
I want TFC:S to keep it's original "funny" aspect... I love sending scouts flying when I blow them up with the pipelauncher :D

Im a demo whore too.

un0x said:
memories... tfc is the first online mp shooter i played :)

Me 2. Even if Valve doesnt do the port directly. They might give permission for a group in the community to do it. It will happen. Mark my words.

Im pretty sure they wont release TFC:S if TF2 is anywhere near done. Rmember they WERE always making TF2, they just kept their mouths shut b/c of needing to keep HL2 secret. If they are planning on releasing TF2 this year, there's no need to Release tfc:s. Though it would be nice, dont count on it: Valve hasn't even mentioned TFC:S, only TF2. Oh well...

Like he said above, someone else might...will...

i dont really see how TFC:S will be any better with source? i mean, there are no objects in TFC maps?!

Ragdoll. That's all that's really needed imo. Of course, I play TFC for the comedy. I know it sounds weird but it's true. I laugh my ass off playing that game. So much funny shit happens, and it would be even more hilarious with ragdoll physics.

Ragdolls and graphics :eek:.

And they could PUT a couple objects that wouldn't really ruin the map. There were no barrels in de_dust either, but they put some in it :]

Coolpot said:
i dont really see how TFC:S will be any better with source? i mean, there are no objects in TFC maps?!

And there weren't any objects in CS. Valve added objects like cars, and barrels, and tires. TFC would be ridiculous on Source, I guess your just not a big enough fan. TFC was the first online game I ever played. I would love to see a port.

RakuraiTenjin, are you the annoying HWGuy I keep seeing in Bay Area Buzz? :)

I would rather have No More Room In Hell...Source
-shifty eyes-

-end shameless plug-

I just want my engineer. Building that gun and maintaining it and protecting it with my trusty shotgun :). It was by far my favorite mod for Half-Life...then of course CS.

Timech

Let's hope Valve will surprise us with TF2 one day.

We all thought we would get HL2 and CSS, but suddenly .. BOOOM .. TF2 is being downloaded .. And then we all share a pack of cookies and say: "Yay!" And Gabe Newell is like "LoL, OmG I triXed youZ0rZ! Now where's my bucket of chicken?"

That would be the dream .. *sigh*

timech187 said:
I just want my engineer. Building that gun and maintaining it and protecting it with my trusty shotgun :). It was by far my favorite mod for Half-Life...then of course CS.

Timech

And to be able to place sangbag walls as well :D

Weel i think they shoul hurry up with TF2. Battlefield 2 looks incredible. Have you seen the videos yet? let's hopw they do a great job with it. Maybe they'll release TF2 like TF classic- as atreat for the delay of hl1

TF2 will take over the the CS community. period.

i remember someone with a sig that had said that they were going to make a tf mod for hl2 but i dont remember what forum i seen it in.

I personally think the sickest game to port would be natural selection. Running down a dark hallway with ambient lighting all around, then all of a sudden a sick looking source fade comes around the corner, but you have something he wasnt expecting: a level 3 shotgun. 3 hits and his body goes flying across the room. Awsome.

TFC is the best game ever made.

Can you imagine dustbowl in the source? OH MY GOD, the people going flying trying to get through the hole on the 2nd part, the intense explosions and non stop action, it would be amazing in the source, do it, do it noooow.

I Eat Babies said:
If you don't like TFC, then please leave this thread. Start a new one on Natural Selection if you like.

tokin said:
TF2 will take over the the CS community. period.

amen
and dustbowl in source would just be firggen SWEET! Thats my favorit map. I also like Hunted and Rock2

Evil^Milk said:

And they would be even better with the physics engine :LOL:

What I'd love to see is Opposing Force, not just DM but the single player converted over to source like HLS

AlaskanStewie said:
Yeah, but remember, we have that game called Team Fortress 2 that was postponed untill hell froze over, and guess what, the temerature is starting to drop =]

lol yeah! the game was gabed :E

I'm kind of embarassed to admit it, but I just started playing TFC last night..and I am a convert!!! :))

SWEET SWEET FUN!!!

TFC:S....PLEASE??!!!

TFC:Source is mentioned in the PC Zone Review as "coming out eventually" so dont expect it till next year

Back