TFC Source!!!

Valve are making TF2 but that wont be out for awhile. Although, seeing as TF2 is being made atm, i dont see the point in converting TFC to the source engine like they have with counterstrike... it's too much effort.

Yes but they have been at TF2 for 4-5 years; I think it will eventually go source.

Ashmole said:
Yes but they have been at TF2 for 4-5 years; I think it will eventually go source.

i was under the impression that it is already being made on source?

Note that since the last updates to that page they moved to Source. (The latest news post is from 2001)

I think i read somwhere that a lot of ideas and features developed for TF2 where brought over and included in the new engine, and info and updates on TF2 where stoped when they relized they where going to write a whole new engine for HL2 (and TF2 as well as future games)

tfc was the only mod i could go back to and enjoy. it didn't bore me, it was really fun

TFC Source is the only thing I want from HL2 that it doesn't have. It would be more fun that a barrel of monkeys.

why have team fortress when we can have a half dozen additional remakes of Counter-Strike?

TFC Source I would figure would be more of a community project, VALVe is working on TF2... If anything they would probably do it like they did HL:S, with minimal upgrades.

you see what they do is they upgrade it and upgrade it untill they can call it tfc2

at least i think thats what they will do just like counter-strike source one day you are going dl and update and you wont see css anymore you will see cs2 dum dum dum.......

NO tf2 is going to be an entierly new game, the only similarity between that and tfc will be the fact that it has classes and is a war based game...

TFC:s would be a Great mod to start, seeing as how tfc:s and tf2 would be very different.

I agree with Oblivion, TFC source would be very interesting... with all the classes and weapons from the original tfc.

I thought it was just going to be a new game but uses the source engine?? this thread confuses me!!!

I'd far rather have an official TFC remake from Valve. The prospect of a Team Fortress 2 is great, but it's probably not going to have as much in common with the TFC style that we're used to... user mods are great, but no substitute for Valve's hand in creating them. I mean, Robin Walker and John Cook created Team Fortress, and they're Valve employees now...

Perhaps we'll get a TFC:Source... but perhaps it'll be a free mod for Team Fortress 2 buyers?

With all the people making these great looking mods i see posted on this site everyday, why would know one take there great talent of modding & do a tfc:s mod, tfc was the only game that ever kept me playing half-life, never liked cs & never will.

--EDIT-- Nvmd didn't check any links above, looks like some have.

Indeed, tfc is good. Nothing wrong with the gameplay, just needs a new engine to bring it into the 21st century. Source is perfect for this.

I still play the original tfc. I would say that it is the most fun game I have.

I love that webpage, it hasn't change since 1999 when TF2 won the E3 award Game of the Year (E3 is the most useless award given out only to vaporware). TF2 has been "coming soon" since 1999!

TFC was the only online one that I always went back to. I think CounterStrike sucks, but then again I don't like being a sniper and CS is a sniperfest. Add in the cheats and it really sucks.

rocklegendfm99 said:
thank god valve got rid of sierra.

Feel free to correct me, but didn't Vivendi buy Sierra? (with no input from Valve)

croperz said:
Feel free to correct me, but didn't Vivendi buy Sierra? (with no input from Valve)

*gives prize* yes you're right :p

Sierra is now owned by the d3vil :devil:

Evil^Milk said:

Yep - if people would actually read the news on this site or just google for it, they would have noticed this mod already. ;)

And as many others have said, TF2 doesn't quite have the same gameplay as other TF mods (edit: based off of 4-5 years old info.. :)).

Back