Thank You For Smoking

That movie looked pretty good, actually :)

hahaha
i saw this trailer last week and yeah it looks interesting.

Haha! I saw the trailer last weekend and loved it! Looks like a very thought-provoking and funny movie and one that needs to be made now, though we could have used it a few years ago when other films like The Insider were coming out and big tobacco was paying the price.

I really need to watch The Insider. Great trailer and I love the ending.

Yeah, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang has also been on my list to watch too. =/

i have been looking for this movie the past couple of weeks only to find out it was a limited release in theatres...and so i thought.. "okay no problem, initially its limited release but it will be available nationwide in another week or two" but noooooo :frown:

its not available in 90% of the theatres around the greater Toronto area and if you really want to see it, you gotta go downtown Toronto for it.
WTF? :flame:
theres so much crap being released from Hollywood that even when there is a decently looking movie released, its on limited ****ing release? :angry:

this ticks me off to no end!

edit: has anyone seen this movie yet? if so...thoughts?

Its out...?

My god, its not playing in the entire state of NY, it seems. :|

Yeah, its currently in limited release. At the very least you should be able to grab in on DVD when it comes out.

Erestheux said:
Its out...?

My god, its not playing in the entire state of NY, it seems. :|

like i said, its been available in limited release since March 17th.
i think theres something fishy here about this movie not being a nationwide release... :frown:
might just be me thinking too much into this but how come crap movies like Eight Below get a nationwide release and movies that actually have something to say and make people think get a limited release.

more bs from the powers that be me thinks.

Val Kilmer's character was hilarious in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Such an awesome movie.

The movie trailer seems fun btw.

finally saw this movie tonight and i gotta say, i enjoyed. :D
had to go quite a ways to see it tho...but thats okay because i was in the area at the time plus i really did want to see it.

so if its playing near you, go check it out :thumbs:

How can dave chapelles block party and larry the cable guy get nation wide releases and this gets a limited release? There are no theaters near me that got this...the closest isn't even an AMC so I can't get free tickets there since I work at an AMC theater.

Lame...

Glirk Dient said:
How can dave chapelles block party and larry the cable guy get nation wide releases and this gets a limited release? There are no theaters near me that got this...the closest isn't even an AMC so I can't get free tickets there since I work at an AMC theater.

Lame...

well i paid for my ticket and thought it was worth the price of admission.
theres been much crappier releases than Dave Chapelles block party which got nationwide releases...i've said this before, theres something fishy about this movie not getting a worldwide/nationwide release.

the corporate tobacco world worries that the masses might learn something from this movie thats been mentioned in schools and by doctors...only seeing it in a movie might make it "cool"

"Thank god we invented the....whatever device."

So true, laff.

Can't wait to see this movie.

Weird, it's not in my city, and it's not on torrentspy. I guess I'm doomed to NEVER see this movie! :(

I just looked online and it's showing at a theatre near my school. yay.

Just saw this movie. It comes out friday here. It was absolutely amazing. One of the best I have seen for a long long time. I am shocked that this was only a limited release.

It seems its going into wide release as of Friday the Fourteenth.

Direwolf said:
It seems its going into wide release as of Friday the Fourteenth.

about ****ing time really :p
its been stuck in limited release for the past month or so.
hopefully this way more people will check it out now. :thumbs:

This movie is down right hilarous. I saw it over the weekend when I was back home.

I wanna see it again and I want to smooth talk like Nick Naylor.

Back