That is not dead which can eternal lie and..

loki.be

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I don't post much over here but since this project looks like to progress well and since this time the project have a great coder, I will post some of my work for it here... hope you enjoy!

By the way, this is a HP Lovecraft/Cthulhu Mythos project!

Here is a first monster, working as you can see on the normal map..

cthulhu_protoshoggoth03.jpg

More later..

never read anything by lovecraft but that is a nice model

very, surrealy icky ? :D

gj

i think the torso and the tentacles need a bit of definitions. the muscles look like blobs atm and the tentacles look like even extrusions they need a bit more variation.

You have my rapt attention. Will this be featured in a mod?

Shinobi, I know I mentioned this before, but I love your avatar.

haha looks cool but misses detail i think. Wouldnt it look cool if the tentacles have those octopus sucking pads ? :p

-dodo

I would really love to see that textured and ingame :O

Hey everyone and thanks for your support.
It is indeed created for a mod. The name isn't clear and decided yet but should be close to "Cthulhu? :Whispers of the King". I'll create a website soon when we have our first release almost ready. We have been working on this for a few months now but we are "only" 2.

Anyway here is an update, hope you like it.
cthulhu_protoshoggoth04.jpg

More later..

Coder and modeler together tackling a Lovecraft mod? It's like my wildest dreams come true.

Hasturhasturhastur...

*Angry Lawyer expires mysteriously.*

Edit: The name would be better as just "Whispers of the King" or something. Those in the know will still know what you're referring to without having to invoke the Cthulhu name.

Unless, of course, you're going for something clearly revolving around Cthulhu, but the yellow sign you've used as your logo says differently.

-Angry Lawyer

It's in fact the sequel to the Cthulhu mod for HL1.. hence the Cthulhu?.
Glad you like it so far!

i have no idea what all this Cthulhu business is all about but i wish it had a title i could pronounce

nice work btw

Little update on the texture... takes a lot of time since I'm not a good texturer.. hope you like it anyway :p

cthulhu_protoshoggoth05.jpg

Long time without updates but here is one..
Not about the model.. it's frozen until I really need the model ingame but about the mod itself. We are about to release a basic webpage to let the community know we are working on this. It will come with some medias from maps and models.

Stay tuned for more Lovecraftian horror! :bounce:

That's it, the site is online.

http://cthulhu2.loke.be

I sent a message for a news here on halflife2.net, should be posted soon I guess!

Please feel free to join our forums and make this production alive :thumbs:

Weird.. still not on the news page..
Anyone knows if there's a special "way" to send news?

Thanks Crispy.
In fact it's what I did.. I use the news email address available on the homepage.

Back