That update was horrible

Reaction score
Everything basically looks the same, except a few textures, that shouldnt cause a high fps drop among TONS of ppl....

The beta test is meant to get rid of software bugs, not make the game look better...

lol i have 25 fps in the center of the map with my radeon 9800 pro :E ROFL

to me the update was awesome, please dont flame me, I just think the textures were a lot better and i got no drop in FPS, also my first person spectator bug with the C4 display which showed up incorrectly is now fixed.

The update just fixed a couple of textures, decals and bugs. What were you expecting? - a totally revamped map, heh.

Personally - I think the update was very good, cs:s looks more and more better now with those fugly hands gone and realistic decals, so furthur updates will mean even more better stuff.

I'm betting they'll redo the dusty ground texture outside in a new update, and hopefully they'll use detail textures and bump-mapping to make it more nice. I'm sure we'll also get newer player models soon too.

Also most of you who were happy with 100+ frames, be warned, just in case - by the time valve adds more detail the frames will go down even lower. So far they had just been fixing bugs, now they seem to be concentrating on updating the textures and stuff too, along with the bugs.

They f'ing fixed skywalking and hitboxes, this the best update ever.

I liked the new update, (except for the wall/wood decals, like the old ones better), I now get 100+ fps on my Geforce4 Ti 4600. :D

lol one of the better updates for cs in a long time

I'm sure they'll take care of the FPs drop. I got a slight drop. Nothing to cry about, at least for me.

i also noticed a boost in the specularity in the center hall, I didn't change any settings, they look awesome, also, the reflections on the deagle were raised a little

Ever since the patch I've gotten better overnight. Way better. I usually get like 10 kills and 25 deaths, now suddenly today I get 30 kills and 15 deaths. Still not the greatest, but it's a huge improvement. I don't know what is causing it.

Ever since the patch I've gotten better overnight. Way better. I usually get like 10 kills and 25 deaths, now suddenly today I get 30 kills and 15 deaths. Still not the greatest, but it's a huge improvement. I don't know what is causing it.

Blah, you're just killing people with crappy framerates :smoking:

They definately did something with the hitboxes, they're great now

I like the update, expecially the hand models, the tmp model (we can see it all!) and the new decals - they are great (the metal bullet holes are awesome, i love the way it 'lowers' the area around the hole)

again... would anyone bother to post or link to some pics? :E

Back