The 12 Days of Half-Life 2

W

Wilkshake

Before you say anything, it's 12 days for us Aussies who will get to play HL2 before anybody else!

I felt it only fitting to compose a tune to commemorate the occasion, so here it is.

The 12 Days of Half-Life 2

On the first day of Half-Life 2, my true Gabe sent to me,
A head crab on a zombie.

On the second day of Half-Life 2, my true Gabe sent to me,
Two Vance’s running

On the third day of Half-Life 2, my true Gabe sent to me,
Three combine soldiers

On the fourth day of Half-Life 2, my true Gabe sent to me,
Four shooting sentries

On the fifth day of Half-Life 2, my true Gabe sent to me,
Five G-Man agents

On the sixth day of Half-Life 2, my true Gabe sent to me,
Six stryders striding

On the seventh day of Half-Life 2, my true Gabe sent to me,
Seven manhacks spinning

On the eighth day of Half-Life 2, my true Gabe sent to me,
Eight ant-lions charging

On the ninth day of Half-Life 2, my true Gabe sent to me,
Nine Barneys leaping

On the tenth day of Half-Life 2, my true Gabe sent to me,
Ten gunships firing

On the eleventh day of Half-Life 2, my true Gabe sent to me,
Eleven scanners scanning

On the twelfth day of Half-Life 2, my true Gabe sent to me,
Twelve crowbars swinging

Im from Aussieland. We will need some luck in getting this in 12 days. More like 60 days, but hope its 12. :)

Originally posted by switch
haha i found it funny :D , send it to gabe.

k, it's sent. We'll see if I get a reply...

Originally posted by Sunbeam
Im from Aussieland. We will need some luck in getting this in 12 days. More like 60 days, but hope its 12. :)

I can have blind faith can't I ;)

that was good wake up call man!

rolf lmfao was funny thanks

well done! bravo! encore!

I guess the dutch don't have the 12 days of christmas ?

Originally posted by Typhon
well done! bravo! encore!

I guess the dutch don't have the 12 days of christmas ?

lol lol :cheers: good one

rofl thats awesome. 12 Days of Christmas is a song if you didnt know.

I got a reply back from Gabe this afternoon.

Quote from Gabe Newell
We need to hurry up and ship, just to keep you distracted from writing new songs.

Indeed. Get the game out or the threat of more songs will only increase! :naughty:

On the 12th day o' Christmas, my true Gabe gave to me, 12 dollars, but it wasn't enough to buy Half-Life 2:(

Originally posted by Wilkshake

Indeed. Get the game out or the threat of more songs will only increase! :naughty:

Hhahahah, that's a great Gabe quote.

lol!
i DARE u to come up with another song, threaten Gabe through email about it and see what happens :LOL:

Originally posted by Feath Hhahahah, that's a great Gabe quote.

i agree :)

Feath i have an idea.. how about we gather all the good quotes once HL2 is released and photoshop them, or just email them to Gabe and see what his response is.. :dork:

isnt it 13 days? because its released in america or where ever on the 30th. and our time is faster meaning it would be out on the 1st of october?

Before you say anything, it's 12 days for us Aussies who will get to play HL2 before anybody else!

No, actaully, well play it 'later' cause were a day ahead of everyone.
When its released wordwide on the 30th that really means October.
If they released it worldwide on our Sept 30, everyone else will get it Sept 29.
Thats what we get for being in the future and all.

I just pre-ordered my copy at my local EB store (I live in Darwin, NT, Australia). Their current stock dates are still set for early November, however we can only hope Valve is pulling a suprise gold/shipping date stupidly close to the 30th. Or maybe EB already know that it's coming in sooner but haven't told their outlets because they've been told to keep their mouth shut. Maybe the copies are already on the way to our EB outlets however they've signed NDA paperwork and had their childrens lives threatened if to ensure they don't let the word out.

Or, maybe I've got issues.

*Crosses fingers for Sept 30th

Oh and guys, if it's a worldwide release for the 30th, it's released on the morning of the 30th wherever you are. It wouldn't be released on the 29th/31st depending on location.

Originally posted by rec
Oh and guys, if it's a worldwide release for the 30th, it's released on the morning of the 30th wherever you are. It wouldn't be released on the 29th/31st depending on location.

I wouldn't want it on the 31st of September either. That would mean that I'd never get it!

LOL, thats a classic.

I love living in melbourne, australia. We are at the front of the world time wise. Maybe ill get to play it before all the yanks!!! MUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUA

or maybe i have issues to...ah well

We are the Christmas Carol Guerrilla Fighters.
Carols are our weapons, invention our ally - viva!

We will issue our demands. If these demands are not met we wil reply with a new HL2-oriented Christmas Carol every 24 hours until these demands are met.
Once we run out of Christmas Carols we may have to bring out the big guns and move onto Britney songs...

"Ooops I did it again,
I played with your minds
I posted a HL2 delay thread"

Yes it's crap but so is her original song, so bite me :p.

Haha top work ... Definitely worth a laugh :) You must have a lot of time on your hands btw ;P

I think you'll find we will see it here the 1st of October .... I doubt they would allow people to get it prior to other places however we may be in luck. I'd love to have my hands on it early :)

If it doesnt come out here in aussieland on the 30th, I'm buying it from steam :D

Back