• Canada - Close relationship

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Washington, D.C. - Large, willing population

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Puerto Rico - U.S. citizens since 1917

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • No one should. Leave the United States as it is.

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters

Shem

The Freeman
Reaction score
What country or territory do you think should become the 51st state of the United States? While there are many contenders out there for the position, some are more likely than others. Your opinion matters to me.

I choose Puerto Rico for obvious reasons.

EDIT: And yes, I understand it's unrealistic for fully independent countries to suddenly become states.

Toss-up between Puerto Rico & DC; voted PR. None of the other options make any sense.

I think current states should secede. Too many idiots screwing everything up.

Yeah, I'm sure Cuba, Canada Oz, Mexico and Britain would just love to become a US state.

Christ.

hah Monkey, Mexicans are willimg to die and pay thousands of dollars to get to the U.S
I'm sure they'd love it.

Whatever, the US is just the 33rd county.

Canada is long overdo.

And D.C. will never be a state. It's specifically made so it's NOT a state.

I'd like to see a 32 county Ireland leave the EU and become an American state.

Good riddance, not as if it'd be a huge loss to the EU to lose your nation run by alcoholics who can't keep their own economy in check.:p

hah Monkey, Mexicans are willimg to die and pay thousands of dollars to get to the U.S
I'm sure they'd love it.

Haha, they suffer so much for the opportunity!

Why no Libya?

I think the poll is assuming that nations would willingly give up their sovereign identity to become a part of the US..

The Queen should rule everything. Then the whole world can celebrate how old she is and talk about wonderful Royal Weddings. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

I think the poll is assuming that nations would willingly give up their sovereign identity to become a part of the US..

No, please, don't do this to me. I didn't create this thread for the purpose of challenging another country's authority or sovereignty. We all know that places like the United Kingdom or Mexico would never willingly relinquish their power to join the United States, or any other country, for that matter. I had the feeling this issue would be brought up, which is why I hastily edited my original post after realizing the implications of my poll. Come on, you guys are all great, and we're all here for the same thing: Half-Life. Oh, and the Lounge.

I mean, even though this place is filled with people of various origins, I see ourselves united as one.

Thank you.

P.S. I didn't include Libya because I had to narrow down the results as best as I could. Not to mention all the stuff that happened recently.

No, please, don't do this to me. I didn't create this thread for the purpose of challenging another country's authority or sovereignty. We all know that places like the United Kingdom or Mexico would never willingly relinquish their power to join the United States, or any other country, for that matter. I had the feeling this issue would be brought up, which is why I hastily edited my original post after realizing the implications of my poll. Come on, you guys are all great, and we're all here for the same thing: Half-Life. Oh, and the Lounge.

I mean, even though this place is filled with people of various origins, I see ourselves united as one.

Thank you.

P.S. I didn't include Libya because I had to narrow down the results as best as I could. Not to mention all the stuff that happened recently.

Woah, I didn't mean anything. The post was actually going to be a joke about inhabitants of the 51st state becoming fat yankees, though I thought the idea might seem offensive and therefore terminated writing after the first line, which I had then had to make it sound like something understandable - so hastily edited to its current version.

D:

What would probably be best for Ireland would be to join the United Kingdom. *waits for Solaris to have a seizure*

Woah, I didn't mean anything. The post was actually going to be a joke about inhabitants of the 51st state becoming fat yankees, though I thought the idea might seem offensive and therefore terminated writing after the first line, which I had then had to make it sound like something understandable - so hastily edited to its current version.

D:

Oh.

Well, uh, in that case, good day. I hope I didn't cause too much trouble with my post. I get caught up in the moment sometimes.

That joke about the fat yankees -- yeah, you're probably right. HA HA HA HA. You see, I've got a sense of humor, too.

I like how nobody voted Aussie. Too much censorship and poisonous everything I suppose.

What would probably be best for Ireland would be to join the United Kingdom. *waits for Solaris to have a seizure*
If it became a republic I wouldn't be opposed to a confederation of celtic nations.

US already have their 51st state.

groomlake2.jpg

Tch, Puerto Rico of course. Tax those mother****ers already!

I for one believe that most of the US should be dissolved and the land given back to the Native Americans who will then form the Coalition Of North American Nations (CONAN)

I think the usa will become part of mexico

it will be called el estado de merica unless it get divided in smaller states

Well we need to get rid of texas before we add anything

why isnt Iraq on that poll?

I didn't include Iraq because I had to narrow down the results as best as I could. Besides, it's one of those countries located in the Middle East -- too much controversy surrounding that entire area. Still, if you feel so strongly about it, there's always the 'other' option you could choose if you're unhappy with the rest of the choices.

Africa, clearly. Silly third world countries, thinking they actually have sovereignty.

Back