The Administrator ...

Quite obviously the Administrator is a member of the la-li-lu-le-lo, and the G-Man is his lacky trying to hijack another Metal Gear...

Maybe he like administrates a school that you visit or something?

Wow I hope this doesnt kill the story..And The administrator would be working for the G-man if anything.

Hmm, wish I'd found this out by waiting for the game...

Originally posted by DOOManiac
Quite obviously the Administrator is a member of the la-li-lu-le-lo, and the G-Man is his lacky trying to hijack another Metal Gear...

Funny sh*t.

Originally posted by kdavey
Wow I hope this doesnt kill the story..And The administrator would be working for the G-man if anything.
Nah. The G-Man has "employers", remember. He's a mysterious chap, but he's not the king of the shadowy castle...

I really don't want him to be an alien, but I have my suspicions that some people's speculations may be right... <Sighs>

Originally posted by el Chi
I really don't want him to be an alien, but I have my suspicions that some people's speculations may be right... <Sighs>

"Gordon, I am your father."

The Administrator is the final boss of Half-Life 2 and is loosely based on the AWPing CT. If you get too close he will pwn you with his deagle like the 13 year old n00b he is.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
The Administrator is the final boss of Half-Life 2 and is loosely based on the AWPing CT. If you get too close he will pwn you with his deagle like the 13 year old n00b he is.

:LOL:

The Administrator = Gman's employer?

Nah!

I think the administrator is just that, the administrator of bmrf, and that the gman works for the government\something more powerful than the government.

I hope it will be LONG to Half-Life 3, so the mod community for HL2 can last for another 5 years, and they come up with something totally supercool

Half-life3 would be more "totally supercool" than some "totally supercool" mod for hl2 ;)

Originally posted by ShadowJustice
The Administrator = Gman's employer?

Nah!

I think the administrator is just that, the administrator of bmrf, and that the gman works for the government\something more powerful than the government.

I made a thread on this topic since this one didn't have a poll.

(Interestingly enough, I included a choice for your theory before I read this post. Pretty pleased with my foresight.):cool:

Anyway everyones welcome to vote...
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6461

Originally posted by Mountain Man
How could anybody have missed them? Every single important (and often not so important) plot point was reiterated at least three times. I mean, just how many times did we need to hear a lecture about cause and effect and the illusion of choice anyway? The problem is, without a good narrative and engaging characters, there was nothing for the Wachowski's to hang their premise on and the movie felt flat and uninteresting because of it. Not to mention, it completely invalidated the whole first film.
Plenty of people somehow managed to miss them. I've spoken to quite a few people about the film, and a common reaction to it is "it was just an action movie with no plot".

I do see your point about the lack of good narrative and engaging characters, and I'm inclined to agree with you, however for some reason the plot just appeals to me. I found it interesting, and I'm eagerly awaiting the third film.

LoneDeranger said:

I wanted to ressurect this, just to show what we thought before the game was released.

kirovman said:
I wanted to ressurect this, just to show what we thought before the game was released.

Ask yourself this: would anyone care if you did so? :)

KagePrototype said:
Ask yourself this: would anyone care if you did so? :)
Some might find it interesting. Reading old speculation threads now that we have HL2 is actually very entertaining, though there are probably better threads than this for that purpose.

He did have a point, he was the final boss of HL2... in a way.

I remember people analysing the screenshot of the buggy near the start of Highway17, calling it a fake photoshop because the shadows were wrong :)

What muppets :)

Back