The Animated Main Menu

G

Grahf

Is it the animated main menu that makes the start up so slow? If so, how do I disable it?

Theres got to be a way to disable it for a plain splash screen.

Like a console command maybe. I just found the command to make the dead bodies clip each other for a nice pile up effect of combine.

Go to half-life 2\hl2\cfg folder

open Valve.rc with notepad

at the bottom put "//" (without quotes) before the "startupmenu" entry

when i added -console to the launch options, the 3d background didnt show, it was just a static blurry picture

urseus said:
Theres got to be a way to disable it for a plain splash screen.

Like a console command maybe. I just found the command to make the dead bodies clip each other for a nice pile up effect of combine.

Yea man, that dead combine/enemy clipping thing is annoying. Could you possibly tell me the console command or CFG command to enable body pile up?

Thanks man.

Goombatommy said:
Yea man, that dead combine/enemy clipping thing is annoying. Could you possibly tell me the console command or CFG command to enable body pile up?

Thanks man.

cl_ragdoll_collide "1"

Add that to your .cfg file in your HL2 CFG folder, or just type it into the console every time you start up.

Shadow-warrior said:
Go to half-life 2\hl2\cfg folder

open Valve.rc with notepad

at the bottom put "//" (without quotes) before the "startupmenu" entry

don't do that, just add -developer 1

I like the menu, but it is a pain to wait for it to load. I wonder how VALVe programmed that menu. It'd be kind of interesting to see, considering I've never seen a 3D animated menu before.

the background is a map file. if you go into console when it's up, it'll show you the map name in the upper right corner of the screen

Mic

iamaelephant said:
I like how the menu changes as you progress through the game.
It's a neat effect.

There's a command in the console to load a map as a menu background. (map_background, I think) Wonder if you need a special entity in the bsp for it to work?

you all DO know that for every chapter in the game... the main menu is DIFFERENT!

so the ravenholm chapter there is a ravenholm main menu...same with the buggy chapter and the airboat...:D one for EVERY chapter! how sweet is that

actually theres only 7 map backgrounds and theres 30 chapters (check the gcf files if you want)

Yea because there are multiple chapters with the same scenary..I guess :eek:

commando said:
you all DO know that for every chapter in the game... the main menu is DIFFERENT!

so the ravenholm chapter there is a ravenholm main menu...same with the buggy chapter and the airboat...:D one for EVERY chapter! how sweet is that

I knew that, but for some reason it didnt work.. I completed the game and the menu never changed.

Back