The Antlions

B.Calhoun

Reaction score
Well after watching the recent bink video and other binks i thought of something that might happen in halflife 2.

Since the antlions come out of the ground and they are called antlions plus with the fact that there are antlion guards, i think maybe one of the HL2 boses with be a queen antlion. You probally have to go underground and battle it out with the queen......better remember to save those RPGs when on the outskirts of city17 boys and girls...

Thoughts?

Ooh, an antlion colony? That could be interesting.

I'm more curious as to how they actually got on Earth in the first place though.

This has already been brought up but... yeah..

There isn't just one big "Queen" There is just the antlion guards I am assuming. They seem really annoying, I would not enjoy being underground surrounded by these squeaking speedy things everywhere.

Wasn't there a big antlion thingy in the old videos.

vegeta897 said:
This has already been brought up but... yeah..

There isn't just one big "Queen" There is just the antlion guards I am assuming. They seem really annoying, I would not enjoy being underground surrounded by these squeaking speedy things everywhere.
How do you know for sure?

that would be SCARY if they could fly.

Its more like gliding...sorta like a beetle does.

ANyway back on topic.. Who thinks that we will fight the queen antlion as part of the extermination of C17?

(cause i figure thats what gordon is back in action for, to exterminate the aliens)

This thread confuses me...

Barney, I was just guessing. Keyword in post: Assuming.

vegeta897 said:
This thread confuses me...

Barney, I was just guessing. Keyword in post: Assuming.
But it seems more logical that there would be a queen, thats what im assuming.

That would seem pretty logical. In a room full of ant lion eggs...what you want is a flame-thrower, a la Aliens. =)

I wonder if there's any other types of ant lions we haven't seen yet (beside the queen).

That would kinda suck if that were the LAST boss battle...

but as one of em and to exterminate em perminantly, that would be [retty damn cool.

marshmallow said:
That would seem pretty logical. In a room full of ant lion eggs...what you want is a flame-thrower, a la Aliens. =)

I wonder if there's any other types of ant lions we haven't seen yet (beside the queen).
worker antlions maybe....

Go into the middle of the nest, set the bomb, and run! Haha, that'd be fun.

If it's not in the game...well, you know what someone will do.

marshmallow said:
Go into the middle of the nest, set the bomb, and run! Haha, that'd be fun.

If it's not in the game...well, you know what someone will do.
Thats not halflife style.

Probally have to connect some underground power sources or something then hit the final switch and watch as the queen antlion suffers.....now that HL style.

Meh. IF there is a nest I am going to guess that you simply have to get through it and IF there is a queen it probably blocks the path somewhere near the end.

B.Calhoun said:
Thats not halflife style.

Probally have to connect some underground power sources or something then hit the final switch and watch as the queen antlion suffers.....now that HL style.

Flood the antlion nest with icthyosaurs and watch them go to work.

does anyone else find it stupid that they're called antlions, and behave like... ants?

antlions are solitary insects that burrow underground and draw ants to their death, paralyzing and then eating them.

the "antlions" in this behave colonially like ants, look like starship troopers bugs, and don't appear to have any paralyzing abilities whatsoever.

Geno said:
does anyone else find it stupid that they're called antlions, and behave like... ants?

antlions are solitary insects that burrow underground and draw ants to their death, paralyzing and then eating them.

the "antlions" in this behave colonially like ants, look like starship troopers bugs, and don't appear to have any paralyzing abilities whatsoever.
Its the thought that counts?

Geno is right

there are a insect called antlions and is very diferent of a normals antz

Earth Antlions are related to lacewings, aren't they?

I've always thought the HL2 variety were called "Antlions" because they acted like ants, but with the ferocity and size of a lion...

hmm, i suppose so. Lionhearted doesn't really mean that you have a lion's heart, so i suppose i'll let it slide for artistic use *rolls eyes*

yeah they are related to lacewings, and above ground an ant could kick its ass, but underground.... is another story.

B. Calhoun - what the f*ck is up with your sig?

el Chi said:
B. Calhoun - what the f*ck is up with your sig?
In light of CyberSheep recent comic thread where hitler gets his ass beaten by stalin i thought i just oppose Cyber Sheep in this whole phony election thing (funny sigs).

Its nothing personal against anyone, just a friendly opposition.

And my avatar is just supporting the campaigne :D

Back