The Ashes

chrisuk27

Reaction score
The start to the Ashes has been excellent. Who do you think is going to win??

Oh for those that don't know the Ashes is a famous cricket series played every four years between England and the old enemy Australia...

I think England have probably got the best chance for 20 years, mind you if they bat like they did on friday who knows! :eek:

Well I think it's quite obvious England is going down yet again.

First of all, Baseball > Cricket.

Second, you should probably stick with the default black text.

bvasgm said:

Second, you should probably stick with the default black text.

why is that, mr. newbie?

Speaking of cricket...

There's something that makes laugh almost every time I see that commercial where the two American guys are lying on the ground next to an actual cricket (because they don't know the sport of the same name) and a tea cup... filming a commercial/documentary/whatever and talking about how much the English love crickets and how they can spend hours at a time watching them. Then, the guys playing cricket, the sport, hit the tea cup with a ball and scare the cricket away. I usually laugh when they get up and yell at the people playing cricket for hitting their "baseball" at them... and proceed to be chased off the field. It's like driving past the long line for a Star Wars movie and yelling "Star Trek sucks!"

I don't know what company it's for... or even what type of thing they are trying to sell... but I like the commercial.

I hope we give the Aussies a good hiding, although it might not happen. You never know, though, we've not done too badly this year so far, so it might come up trumps yet.

If England bat like they did last summer and keep the bowling from Flintoff and Harmy aggressive we have a chance, otherwise we are f*cked like our batting y/day, though McGrath is something special tbh

Now, I know that there a lot of Englishmen and women on this board, but I honestly don't know Jack about cricket. Nevertheless, best of luck to whoever you're rooting for!

Greatgat said:
Now, I know that there a lot of Englishmen and women on this board, but I honestly don't know Jack about cricket. Nevertheless, best of luck to whoever you're rooting for!

Surprisingly enough, most English people are rooting for England.

I ain't English mate, but i do support the English Cricket team, thought that is because it is the only decent international cricket team in Britain, c'mon the Scottish team is bs tbh. Also England has some Welsh players, S. Jones and doesn't G. Jones have Welsh nationality?

First of all, Baseball > Cricket

Well indeed, and I suppose you're team wins 'The world series' every year???....By the way how many countries playin in the WORLD series!

Baseball = Glorified rounders

ps. Before you start I have been to see the NY Yankees at Yankee stadium :p

pps. are you a forum colour user hater lol

chrisuk27 said:

Well indeed, and I suppose you're team wins 'The world series' every year???....By the way how many countries playin in the WORLD series!

Baseball = Glorified rounders

ps. Before you start I have been to see the NY Yankees at Yankee stadium :p

pps. are you a forum colour user hater lol
Two countries play in the worlds series, and only one needs to play because all the others suck :)

Two countries play in the worlds series, and only one needs to play because all the others suck

Everyone else is crap so you play with yourself? hmm is that a common problem!
I take it the other country would be Canada? Then why not call it the 'American series'....hmm no sure the Canadians would like that :p

They should call the competition between all of the teams the North American Major Baseball League Altercation... or "NAMBLA" for short.

chrisuk27 said:
Everyone else is crap so you play with yourself? hmm is that a common problem!
I take it the other country would be Canada? Then why not call it the 'American series'....hmm no sure the Canadians would like that :p
In the end it doesn't really matter, they are the best baseball team in the world.

bvasgm said:

Have you seen the layout of the cricket game? I've seen baseball and looks completely different, except possibly hitting the ball part :rolleyes:

Okay glorified rounders

DEATH eVADER said:
Have you seen the layout of the cricket game? I've seen baseball and looks completely different, except possibly hitting the ball part :rolleyes:

Okay glorified rounders

Yeah and Rounders is a girls game played only by girls or small children :E.

If you beat Australia at Cricket, just think of their self esteem, the only two sports they're good at and we beat them at both, Rugby and Cricket. :cheers:

Correction,s the Aussies are very good at cycling and at swimming, they kick our (Brit's) asses in both of those!

Evo said:
Correction,s the Aussies are very good at cycling and at swimming, they kick our (Brit's) asses in both of those!

Sad but true...

And how can baseball possibly be considered better than cricket?! (I dont even like cricket that much...)

I mean you come off it! really!

Hmm ours chances seem to be going in this test, although Pieterson is a revelation :)

Razor said:
If you beat Australia at Cricket, just think of their self esteem, the only two sports they're good at and we beat them at both, Rugby and Cricket. :cheers:

Yeah were good at many things. Our self esteem cannot be dampened.

Back