The backside of Gordon's suit

Reaction score
okay, some of you may remember me as the guy who did the combine suit, and later the headcrab outfit.

Well right now i want to make an hev suit

only one slight problem. Every single picture released by valve concerning hl2 has only showed the front side of the suit

I can't really make a costume only knowing how half of it is supposed to look. So if anyone has played the beta or has acess to some media that i am not aware of that shows the backside of the HEV suit...

could you send a screeny, a rough diagram, and detailed description, anything to let me know how the back is supposed to look? My email is [email protected]

Flyingdebris said:
okay, some of you may remember me as the guy who did the combine suit, and later the headcrab outfit.

Well right now i want to make an hev suit

only one slight problem. Every single picture released by valve concerning hl2 has only showed the front side of the suit

I can't really make a costume only knowing how half of it is supposed to look. So if anyone has played the beta or has acess to some media that i am not aware of that shows the backside of the HEV suit...

could you send a screeny, a rough diagram, and detailed description, anything to let me know how the back is supposed to look? My email is [email protected]

Is this the real reason you are overly concerned with Gordon's backside? :naughty:

uhhh just go play hl1 multiplayer and get another guy with the gordon model to pose for you lol

Or go into third person (i dunno if there was a mod that had this in)

IIRC he had molded butt cheeks and a kick me sign if that helps any

well i wanted to make a costume of the hl2 hev suit, not the hl1 hev suit.

i have a whle bunch of sheet metal sitting around in my room waiting to made into something. but that lack of knowing what the back of the suit looks like makes things difficult

You should send an e-mail directly to Valve, Im pretty sure they wouldn't mind hooking a fan (especially one that is doing something cool with their game in mind) with the media they needed.
try your luck.

btw, your previous costumes were pretty impressive, I can't wait to see how your project comes out this time.

Yea gordon gets paid the big bucks to wear that thing for hours.

But that's only because he can't go out during lightning storms

Kazreal said:
Is this the real reason you are overly concerned with Gordon's backside? :naughty:

This made me laugh so hard!

Well, has anyone ever noticed that, no matter how cool the rest of an armoured suit looks, the butt-plating always looks dumb?

I mean, just look at the Space Marines from Warhammer 40K... concertina-butts, last time I checked.

I hope whoever designed the new HEV was able to come up with a better butt plate design.

Well, buttplating is difficult. Just look at medieval buttplating, looks quite queer too. But it was efficient. ;)

I guess you have to wait and take a screenshot of it when you get it in the game. Altough the suit is a nice idea. Halloween suit?
I'm thinking of going as Strong Bad

In the leak there is no model of gordon, only in hammer... But that one is green and is just a pose puppet with a beard/moustache and glasses lol

eiric said:
I guess you have to wait and take a screenshot of it when you get it in the game. Altough the suit is a nice idea. Halloween suit?
I'm thinking of going as Strong Bad

If you can pull that costume off, then you, sir, are a king among men...

Flyingdebris said:
i tried emailing valve but they never replied
Who did you mail?

You'd probably best be off emailing one of the artists on the crew, i would suspect HL2.net staff having some of their emails.

i emailed gabe, i guess i should try one of the other guys then

the reason i am asking people who played the leak is because i remember seeing some pictures (griever dug one of them up) of someone spawning an hev suit in the beta. The beta player didn't take a screenshot of the rear though

okay, thanks for your help, Griever Agent Xen and ZZ.

ZZ got me the pics i needed, thanks for your help

Brian Damage said:
If you can pull that costume off, then you, sir, are a king among men...

Easy! Ok, I'll might have to add a few punds so I get the right bodyshape but still, black pants, boxinggloves and his helmet. Perfect oppurtunity to show of my "exellent" upperbody. =)

The backside of Gordon's suit.....

..... has the buttocks cut out XD

(ok, that's probably not true. But make it anyway \o/)

eiric said:
Easy! Ok, I'll might have to add a few punds so I get the right bodyshape but still, black pants, boxinggloves and his helmet. Perfect oppurtunity to show of my "exellent" upperbody. =)

Don't forget to use your Ab-Abber 2000...

there is a MP map I downloaded that has a buch of hev suits lined up if you want me to i can get a screenie

*ahem*
Congratulations on bringing up a 2 month old thread.
Now go away.

keep emailing them dude, show them your past work, they will reply eventually.

can you noclip in the "redletter day" chapter, behind the hev suit in the glass? If not, then just (as mentioned before) get a screenshot from hl1 multiplayer. I doubt there are THAT many differences between the hl1 and hl2 hev suit. I'm sure it would look good enough.

This is the true back side of gordon's suit, guess they didn't detail it...

*ahem*
In case you guys didn't notice, this thread started and ended in October.

He already got the answers he needed.

MiccyNarc said:
*ahem*
In case you guys didn't notice, this thread started and ended in October.

He already got the answers he needed.

Rofl, October!? Why would you bring an old ass thread back...

at least its not from october of LAST year.

mind showing us pics of your recent work of the others?

naw i never got around to starting it. maybe over christmas break. i kinda lost interest ever since i saw that other guy did the suit before i could get started

Back