The beta is being completely wiped off the internet

R

ravennox12

All warez sites, channels on irc, do not have the beta anymore. Not that it matters because hundreds of thousands have it but im assuming the Feds are getting involved.

Originally posted by ravennox12
All warez sites, channels on irc, do not have the beta anymore. Not that it matters because hundreds of thousands have it but im assuming the Feds are getting involved.
eh? quite a few of them still do.

they are deffinetely cracking down on this, which is great news. and even if thousands have it thousands more wont be able to find it cause they dont know wtf they are doing

anyway it's all a big waste of time and bandwidth, better off waiting for the final game!

lol what are you guys talking about? its so easy to wipe things off the net.

go to packetnews.com

ill put $30 down every link you click on that takes you to #toxic-warez, will show that it is no longer being distributed there.

and ill take that 30 bucks through paypal k thx info

I am sure there are still crap loads of places you can get it but there are quite alot that have taken it down. There is progress, no doubt.

possibly be easy to wipe if off the net but it's pretty much impossible from illegal software being exchanged

It is plastered all over the News Groups. It is impossible to wipe out something once it is released. Kind of like Skynet eh? :p

sorry to break it to ya raven.. but warez sites arent the only places..

there are still MANY up.

go to *******.com

ill put $30 down every link you click on that takes you to ********, will show that it is no longer being distributed there.

actually you're VERY wrong, I could prove you wrong, but in doing so I would be breaking the rules as you have done.

I stress you remove those links

go to packetnews.com

ill put $30 down every link you click on that takes you to #toxic-warez, will show that it is no longer being distributed there.

I did the same thing and there are lots of active IRC bots. Go back into your hole

ROFLMAO!!!

You're kidding right?

Surely, you and anyone else who believes this is either totally thick or extremely naive?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

omg i'm sorry for posting this but i'm finnaly a zombie :::sniff:: i'm so proud...they grow up so fast

they wont really be able to get it off the p2p programs will they? They'll have to get the actual people to do that.

But who would want to dl somthing thats about a gig on Kazaa

Originally posted by rndhotdog
omg i'm sorry for posting this but i'm finnaly a zombie :::sniff:: i'm so proud...they grow up so fast

Well done mate...:cheers:

Umm...how many posts did it take then? (i am still nooby headcrab)
:cool:

some people should be shot cuz they have nfi what information means

100 posts is zombie, and so on

getting is reliminated from some places does help, but its nothing to make a dent

Once it's out there...

it's out there

No matter how hard you push, the bunny wabbit ain't goin back in.

ravennox12, your sources suck REAL BAD if you think that the beta is completely off of the internet.

Source is leaked
What to do?
Pick up da crowbar and smack a few
Find the sites that have the files
Hit in head
send em runnin for miles.
Community just won't take the crap
Pick up gun and load it up
shot these bastards off the map
Stealing source is serious shit
Put you in jail for it.
My rhyme is done
I've said enough
Don't question my word, cause you ain't dat tough!

*bows*

Yeah as someone else already pointed out it is all over Usenet and so is the patch, it aint going away

Just because you can't see the gonorrhea doesn't mean it's not there, ravennox12.

Originally posted by Crusader
Zitbug your avatar gives me nightmares...

I made it especially for you :eek:

Currently working on a new one...will change soon as it's done.

:cheers:

go to packetnews.com

Lol, the majority of people here probably don't want to fund crackheads thanks.

Seriously, wiped off the net? Riiiight, so it's being wiped from newsgroups, bittorrent, p2p (choose a client), private ftp's, irc, etc, etc?

Suuure....

The only way to almost stop this is to release HL2. Then there is no reason the pass it along.

Dose taht meen my eevol plan too bakspace teh intarweeb wount werk?!

Re: Re: The beta is being completely wiped off the internet

Originally posted by zitbug
ROFLMAO!!!

You're kidding right?

Surely, you and anyone else who believes this is either totally thick or extremely naive?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

No shite! LOL!

Just 5 minutes ago I found it offered on IRC. There are about 2 dozen fully functional torrents still in action for it, it's all over USENET (and that's damn near impossible to get rid of), it's on eDonkey, Kazaa, Gnutella and Overnet, and I know of several FTPs that are still freely distributing it.

It's not being "advertised" the way it was anymore, but it's still out there and still easy to obtain if you know where to look. And if you don't know where to look you probably would never have found it in the first place.

Besides, they may feel like being hard asses over it right now but they can't keep that up forever. Id was totally pissed over the E3 alpha that got leaked and they cracked down on that at first too. In less than a month they got bored with being enforcers and let it go and today you can find it freely distributed on sites all over the place.

The HL2 beta sucks something massive anyway. The fun I had playing with the physics gun sure as hell wasn't worth the 2 hours it took to pull the thing off of an FTP.

go to packetnews.com

thats 1 site.

it has spread way further than toxic warez.

i know for a fact its still available.

its on usenets and im looking at 10 bots that have it with 4000 people in the channel.

about 400 ppl have the full game and are still sharing with ppl acording to the site i know that still has it.

im gion to go mess around wiht model making and stuff like that and then try out cz :) 1.9 gigs damn and it unpacks at around a devastating 4 gigs woowwwzzerrrszzzzzzz.........thats big but worth it !!

Sorry, you're wrong. It's not being wiped off the net. No one's going to let that happen. I'm sure for every site that's taking it down 1-3 more FTPs will have it up. For the last few days, in IRC, I've seen people posting link after link to FTPs. The numbers have trippled since Tuesday.
Bittorrents have at least, the very least, quadrupled. And now with the Hl1+CS conversion, and CZ, thats even more that will be popping up. I'm not going to flame you because it just seems immature, but I will say that you need to elaborate and research before you make a post.

-Ghost.

Back