The Combine Homeworld

soulslicer

Tank
Reaction score
this is just my idea of the combine homeworld, was planning to add advisor pods but i didn't have the space (might add them later). tell me what you think of them??

538509017_1e4f7f2c31_o.jpg

just a bit more..

538509021_6857692ae3_o.jpg

538509027_0e398d487e.jpg

so what do you think..

It's quite pretty, but not quite distinctive enough for me to believe it to be the Combine homeworld. It could be another area on Earth itself, for one. The fact that there's a human soldier in the first pic just adds to the Earth atmosphere. Secondly, you overdid the bloom again.

So that's what Mortar synths look like in flight, huh? Pretty.

Its nice, but the thing is, the "combine" can't have a homeworld. the combine is the name of the empire, and all the creatures don't come from the same planet.

Its nice, but the thing is, the "combine" can't have a homeworld. the combine is the name of the empire, and all the creatures don't come from the same planet.

I presume he's referring to the head slugs.

that skybox does not belong to me btw, and it took me ages to find it..
took me 5 hrs to make actually, and the soldier is just one of those teleported to off world assignments, hehe..i wanted to put a caption as such.

i think i know why i keep overdoing the bloom, my screen is set to 50percent contrast, always..it may look nicer if you lower your contrast lvls lol..

it's great, but not polluted enough to be a combine homeworld. also, blue sky? hah! I imagined green.

Ithink that is pretty good, if you could add some advisor pods that would be nice!

ill up the detail, remove the combine soldier and add an advisor pod to make it er, wallpaper compatible. thx for the comments anyway.

you have gotta be joking me..
mortar synth, underwater?
i thought they fly and are like aerial attack vehicles, as seen from them moving through citadel...

btw, i do hope to visit this combine homeworld through one of the episodes for a short period of time..perhaps through a teleporter. similar to the xen world visit.

The term that recently sprung up was the Combine 'Overworld', presumably a central hub to all corners of the empire. I imagine it's a desolate place full of factories and imposing portal-gates. Perhaps something like what you've been able to do with the limited resources that the Half-Life 2, but more like the redish, firey 'scorched' sky of what we see through Breen's portal than the somewhat pretty blue skies in your creation... But of course, that's assuming that the Combine Overworld is the Combine Homeworld....

i think i know why i keep overdoing the bloom, my screen is set to 50percent contrast, always..it may look nicer if you lower your contrast lvls lol..

I've checked at 50% contrast mate, it's still as bad. You just overdid it. Tip: You're overdoing bloom when half of the model is completely white.

The term that recently sprung up was the Combine 'Overworld', presumably a central hub to all corners of the empire. I imagine it's a desolate place full of factories and imposing portal-gates. Perhaps something like what you've been able to do with the limited resources that the Half-Life 2, but more like the redish, firey 'scorched' sky of what we see through Breen's portal than the somewhat pretty blue skies in your creation... But of course, that's assuming that the Combine Overworld is the Combine Homeworld....

That would be how I imagine it.

I think that the Combine are too vast to have a homeworld as such; infact, I really don't think they do at all. The world they hailed from is probably desolate and barren to the point of being inhospitable, their empire spanning so many dominated worlds you have, as Kupo put it, 'Overworlds'.

There is no need for the barricade walls because there are no one to barricade, its their homeworld, they control everything, no threat to be kept outside the walls. I also highly doubt there are human-combines at their homeworld! If they spread through the universe and combine with milions of species and humans are just one of them (and also quite new) then i dont think they will use our kind at their homeworld, im pretty sure they only use our product at Earth. As breen said, he is proposing to the benefactors that humans are the best choice, but that he continously fails to prove it and will soon loose the benefactors faith in the human combine and move on to some other superior product. So theres either the original combine specie or another more superior combine product at their homeworld i would think, Earth is fairly newly captured and i dont think human combines would have spread that quick throughout the combine universe.

Otherwise, as a form of art, it looks great!

What I really like about your first picture, is that if you look up in the sky, it looks like there is a metal ceiling way high up in the sky, which is a very Combine-ish thing to have in my opinion.

Would the homeworld have the city-consuming iron wall? I thought that was something they deploy with the citadels, both to keep the riff raff out and to consume the surrounding area (for resources?)

personally, i always thought there was a huge array of synths in the homeworld, and well, they have to be kept under a decent form of control.., i mean come on, every world has walls!! this could be just one of the world's the combine have chosen to dominate..

You have a great imagination.

*eye twitch* D-D-Do-DOUBLE POSTING?!? AGAIN!?!

Anyways, I agree with most comments, you did good in some areas, like multiple citidaels and atleast having a few soldiers. But, (as metnioned) Earth Sky? And what about HL2, when you see the portal opening, did anyone prove if the orange skied area with several citidaels being apparently built, was the combine home world? Over all, good effort, if I had a PC to handle it, I would have tried to do better, if it meant photoshopping them even. But you just missed a few continuity errors, no worries, 7.5 out of 10

Back