Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaLys

Reaction score
What do you think of it? I hope you notice it turns red when you are out of ammo and the right side of it show how mucho ammo there is left in your mag. (at least with the pistol) I think it looks great and needed a little attention. :)

Edit: Here's a picture of it.
crosshair.jpg

I like it! Its soooo pretty! and shiny! and other adjective that describe greatness!

Yeah, It's pretty cool, but I hope you have a couple of crosshairs to choose from.

Yeah, I only voted for good cause I think it's a little too big too. I hope there will be others to choose from. If not, I guess I can get use to it.

I personally like crosshairs like in CS. There small and releastic.

i love this one. THe hl1 crosshair i would usually loose and it would dissapear on outside maps because it was too bright and too small.

Originally posted by kelisis

bahahahahahahahahahaha.

Realistic crosshairs.

ROFLOL.

They are great. In the other thread someone stated that the too curvy things are health and ammo. I like that alot.

I like the crosshair. Its big, but there are large spaces in between it so it wouldnt really block your view at all. And it also seems pretty good aiming 'dots' for the pistol(s?) you use the small center dot, and for smg's and the shot gun you just use all the outer 4 dots and everywhere in between them cause theyd be less accurate, and the longer the range the longer the shot gun round spreads. I like it! I like it that size too!

I rather like it, myself. It appears to be more than just a graphic to assist in aiming but actually provides useful feedback to the gamer, such as ammo levels and such. That's just the kind of attention to detail I expect from Valve. It also seems slightly transparent and appears to change its level of transparency in response to the environment and weapon choice (for instance, when you equip the crowbar, it gets very faint but is still visible.)

I don't know if it's awesome, but all in all it's very nice. It sure as hell beats the red pixel in Max Payne!

Everyone knows that the right semi circle on the xhair is the ammo in the current magazine, i think the left semi circle is Health. You never really see the semi circle on the left go down at all, and if you pay attention gordon never really has below 93hp, at least what videos i have seen.

It's good but not great, it doesn't accentuate the center enough so while you do get a good idea, it might not be so precise in certain lighting conditions or for people with bad vision. It'd be nice if valve shipped HL2 with several types of crosshair and let the user pick the one they wanted.

I hope someone broke into your account to type that. It's going in my sig anyway.

REALISTIC???? ARE YOU LIKE 5????

HOW IN GODS NAME IS GREEN LINES APPEARING IN FRONT OF YOUR GUN REALISTIC? HAVE YOU EVER SHOT A GUN??? ITS CALLED IRON SIGHTS!!! JESUS!!

hehe sorry bout caps but that post made me laf the hardest i ever have in my mother F*ing life.

Originally posted by Gorgon
Are they going to include more types of it or not?
I don't know why they wouldn't. A choice of crosshairs is pretty standard fair for an FPS.

Why does it always seem like Gorgon thinks the people on these foums have all the answers to everything?

i usually like small crosshairs that i can see well, the main problem i have with half life crosshairs is the color...it blends in with walls and ground then you cant see where your shooting

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
REALISTIC???? ARE YOU LIKE 5????

HOW IN GODS NAME IS GREEN LINES APPEARING IN FRONT OF YOUR GUN REALISTIC? HAVE YOU EVER SHOT A GUN??? ITS CALLED IRON SIGHTS!!! JESUS!!

hehe sorry bout caps but that post made me laf the hardest i ever have in my mother F*ing life.

Now now, maybe we're being too hard on kelisis, maybe he had abusive parents who tattoo'd green crosshairs on his eyes when he was really young and he's never known better. One other theory, he did say "releastic" so maybe he likes the fact that hl1 crosshairs were released as opposed to hl2's being "unreleastic."

Have you noticed how part of the crosshair turns red, maybe it's the new system that tells you where damage is coming from...watch the ...uhhhh buzzsaw video one, and you'll see it if you havn't already.

I like the Idea of the health/ Ammo indicator you could look at the numbers at the lower part of the screen, but in a firefight, you don't have the time. its kinda like a Heads up display. Very cool, should be standart on FPS from now on.

I think it's cool. Maybe a bit too big, but thats not a big deal (I'm sure you can customize it)

Originally posted by rollthedise
Have you noticed how part of the crosshair turns red, maybe it's the new system that tells you where damage is coming from...watch the ...uhhhh buzzsaw video one, and you'll see it if you havn't already.

Well, the crosshair's right side turns red whenever you need to reload. But there was a indicator of where the damage came from in HL, right?

i don't think that the crosshair is too big. its just awesome

To be honest, when I watch the videos, I don't even notice the crosshair.

Originally posted by subs
i love this one. THe hl1 crosshair i would usually loose and it would dissapear on outside maps because it was too bright and too small.

my thoughts exaclty:cheers:

Originally posted by Mountain Man
I don't know why they wouldn't. A choice of crosshairs is pretty standard fair for an FPS.

those are pretty nice and there realtivtly the same size as the hl2 one so its all cool :afro:

Zeoviz is right, and if you payed attentino to the other posts you would know that it was an ammo counter, but no hard feeling ill have ur babies still :bounce:

I dont think we really know what is on the left of the crosshair though, its the same kind of semi circle that is on the right for ammo, but no one knows what it dose. My guess is thats its your health or suit, and when you have a low hp that side turns red.

Originally posted by supangr
Now now, maybe we're being too hard on kelisis, maybe he had abusive parents who tattoo'd green crosshairs on his eyes when he was really young and he's never known better. One other theory, he did say "releastic" so maybe he likes the fact that hl1 crosshairs were released as opposed to hl2's being "unreleastic."

Um, what is the big deal? I think there realistic for a game. Why do you have to flame me? That's just stupid. I know you don't have a freaking crosshair when you shoot a gun in the real life, but I liked the aiming in CS. So, what's the big deal? And I like H2 crosshairs. I have no problem with them.

halflife crosshairs have always bugged me a bit. Mist were fine with the exception of the magnum. The magnum had a few pixels for a crosshair. I found myself having to take a marker to my montor to make an artificial crosshair just to be able to line up my shots

then in opfor i couldn't aim in nightvision due to green crosshair + green visuals. Needless to say i had to bust out my marker again

Um, what is the big deal? I think there realistic for a game. Why do you have to flame me? That's just stupid. I know you don't have a freaking crosshair when you shoot a gun in the real life, but I liked the aiming in CS. So, what's the big deal? And I like H2 crosshairs. I have no problem with them.

thats fine if you like the CS crosshair...good for you. but the fact that you called a crosshair realistic is just the funniest thing...even if you didnt mean to do it. sorry but it was freakign funny, especially to gun addicts like myself.

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
thats fine if you like the CS crosshair...good for you. but the fact that you called a crosshair realistic is just the funniest thing...even if you didnt mean to do it. sorry but it was freakign funny, especially to gun addicts like myself.

When I said "realistic" I meant for a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back