The damn vid is too jittery!

FictiousWill

Reaction score
I've opened and run the shakeycam vid (the one that starts with the gman and the house training bit) with the following porgrams and it is so jittery it's difficult to watch:

DivX player
WinMedia Player
Winamp
AVI Preview
IRfanview
Quicktime player

All programs have been checked for newer versions and settings have been messed with, all drivers are up to date, all latest codecs.

What can I do to watch this video jitter-free?

get IGN insider and download it at 640 x 580 140 meg High-Res monster

FictiousWill said:
I've opened and run the shakeycam vid (the one that starts with the gman and the house training bit) with the following porgrams and it is so jittery it's difficult to watch:

DivX player
WinMedia Player
Winamp
AVI Preview
IRfanview
Quicktime player

All programs have been checked for newer versions and settings have been messed with, all drivers are up to date, all latest codecs.

What can I do to watch this video jitter-free?

It's called a shakycam video for a reason.

It's a handheld camera shot, dude. The guy videotaped the screen. Nothing can help you make it less jittery -- if you'd thought about it, it's common sense. Wait for an official digital version or download another version shot by a guy with a camcorder who just didn't move around as much.

1.) Get IGN Insider.

No thank you. I do not want to pay money.

2.) It's a shakey vid, dumbass.

The video is not shakey, it just jitters. It plays frame 1,2,3,4, then 2,3,4, then 5,6,7,8 etc. Or at least it seems to. The guy holds the camera quite smoothly.

3.) Get a faster processor.

Shall I upgrade my AthlonXP 2800+, 1 gig pc2700, geforce4ti4200?

You need to download a XviD codec (the normal divx one doesn't play it correctly) I had the same shitty juddering, installed another XviD codec, played fine.

do a google search for

xviD windows

I tried playing it in Windows Media Player, and it plays it as an audio file :( And it is not Quicktime compatible.

Thanks, Fenfic, I'm downloading the xvid codec now. Hope it works!

[edit] It works! Thanks Fenric to again. For all those who need it, (although it was the second google hit) the aforementioned xvid codec is here: http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

FictiousWill said:
Thanks, Fenfic, I'm downloading the xvid codec now. Hope it works!

[edit] It works! Thanks Fenric to again. For all those who need it, (although it was the second google hit) the aforementioned xvid codec is here: http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/
cool, glad it worked :)

I'm skeptical about that close up on the g-man's eye at the start though, looks (though hard to tell) like its high poly not realtime, that negative effect seems to stand out as being thrown in to hide the transition. Oh well still all looks very pretty :)

Fenric said:
cool, glad it worked :)

I'm skeptical about that close up on the g-man's eye at the start though, looks (though hard to tell) like its high poly not realtime, that negative effect seems to stand out as being thrown in to hide the transition. Oh well still all looks very pretty :)

I was thinking the same thing... however it is rather "eye-catching" regardless.... :chortle: :chortle:

aaaah tough crowd

Mr. Redundant said:
I was thinking the same thing... however it is rather "eye-catching" regardless.... :chortle: :chortle:

aaaah tough crowd
Dear god man! That was worse than my jokes :)

naa but yeah, looked great however they did it. I can't really blame them sticking the g-man all over the vids all the time, I'd want to show off a cool model like that too.

Fenric said:
You need to download a XviD codec (the normal divx one doesn't play it correctly) I had the same shitty juddering, installed another XviD codec, played fine.

do a google search for

xviD windows

Before when I tried to play the video it played it as a audio file, installed Divx barebone codec file. Played fine, decided to install XviD, made it 100X WORSE. So horrible you could barely make out anything in the video. Just made everything blur together in small squares.

Back