The day after tomorrow (movie) is a perfect example of a Canadian winter

dream431ca

Reaction score
Seriously..If you live in Alberta..you know that you could have survived that easily. We survive it EVERY YEAR! LOL!! :E

pff canadian winters are NOTHING, maybe a bit chilly, finnish winters on the other hand...now THATS cold.

You guy should come to Southern California
Now we get craaazy winters.
I mean, it gets down to like 60!
Sometimes, it even RAINS

It hasnt rained for over 180 days :-/
And when it did last, it was .30 inches

I was visiting Three Hills in February. Nothing but snow. There were some places without snow, but guess what was there instead of snow...snow. Opps, I guess it was snow. Then in August, it was all gone.

dream431ca said:
Seriously..If you live in Alberta..you know that you could have survived that easily. We survive it EVERY YEAR! LOL!! :E

I live in Edmonton.

The snow made me sad :(

Then I had to go outside for a dentist appointment, and I was sad-er ;(

Tredoslop said:
I bet a trip to the West Edmonton Mall cheer you up?

I do need to buy an MX 510, hmm.

Although it is 9:37 PM

I love how its still light out because of the snow.

Lil' Timmy said:
actually the have active glaciers covering their cities. the traffic is a nightmare.

And boats with wolves on them.

And weather with temperatures at -270*CELSIUS

It gets colder in some of the northern states than it does in alaska.

dream431ca said:

I used to live in the upper peninsula of Michigan. We always got those Alberta clippers.

*Brrrr*

/me goes outside

/me looks at temperture in Phoenix, Arizona 75F (23.9 C)

*Brrrr*

I live in saskatoon,sascatchewan, canada. Last year the temperature here came down to about -62 degrees celsius. Coldest temperature recorded on earth in ratio to people populating the area. The schools were open on that day too....

Canada can get pretty cold.

BWMASTER said:
I live in saskatoon,sascatchewan, canada. Last year the temperature here came down to about -62 degrees celsius. Coldest temperature recorded on earth in ratio to people populating the area. The schools were open on that day too....

Canada can get pretty cold.

I drove through Saskatoon once. Had a really awesome skillet breakfast there!

Lil' Timmy said:
actually the have active glaciers covering their cities. the traffic is a nightmare.

and we live in igloos ya know? :E
/me sneezes

Ha, those places are weak. I wanna live in Vostok, Antarctica. Coldest place on earth. -60c annual average.

Dr. Freeman said:
and we live in igloos ya know? :E
/me sneezes

Yeah, you got that good ol' CN Towe...I mean CN Igloo.

viper said:
Ha, those places are weak. I wanna live in Vostok, Antactica. Coldest place on earth. -60c annual average.

that blows.

Ikerous said:
You guy should come to Southern California
Now we get craaazy winters.
I mean, it gets down to like 60!
Sometimes, it even RAINS
It was real cloudy today.

I think the world is gonna end.

blahblahblah said:
/me looks at temperture in Phoenix, Arizona 75F (23.9 C)

*Brrrr*

24°C is cold for you, damn. Anything below 15°C (59°F) makes me wanna die but 24°C sheesh thats normal to me. On the other hand a 45°C (113°F) day isn't pleasent.

Meh, you haven't yet encountered the Swedish winter.
2.5 meters of snow, harsh winds and -55C. :)

moppe said:

You get rescued with termal sensors if anything happens

The swedish winter can be harsh, especially in the northern parts, but I wouldn't go so far I'd say it is similar to the Siberian or Canadian winters. Where I live, we haven't gone any longer into the winter than yellow-leaved trees. Then again, I live in the southern mid-part of the country so I cannot hold account for the sad people up in Norrland.
If there's any person living in those areas inhabitating this forum, please respond and let me know how it's like up there.
I'm pretty glad not to live in an area not that prone to blizzards and the likes, I like it when the weather is not too extreme. My definite favourite in weather conditions is chilly, windy summer.

The coldest temprature ever reported is -89°C, near the southpole. Canada...:LOL: We usally have snow that cover all the windows in the ground floor.

Predateur said:
The swedish winter can be harsh, especially in the northern parts, but I wouldn't go so far I'd say it is similar to the Siberian or Canadian winters. Where I live, we haven't gone any longer into the winter than yellow-leaved trees. Then again, I live in the southern mid-part of the country so I cannot hold account for the sad people up in Norrland.
If there's any person living in those areas inhabitating this forum, please respond and let me know how it's like up there.
I'm pretty glad not to live in an area not that prone to blizzards and the likes, I like it when the weather is not too extreme. My definite favourite in weather conditions is chilly, windy summer.

moppe lives north of Kiruna. Ask him.

Predateur said:

moppe said:
But that is up here. At Skanderna it gets cold, cause it's far from the Gulfstream and Bottenviken, right between them.

And sad? No. We have wonderful nature, Northern Lights, 24 hours night at winter, and the opposite at summer. You could check out the pics in the racialthread, a couple of pages back.
I find everything perfect here. Or, I'm not there yet. :)

Sprafa said:
You get rescued with termal sensors if anything happens

Thermal senors and HELICOPTERS.
Geez, why do everyone at forums always forget the poor helicopters.

Back