The demo is out there...

Reaction score
It appears that the HL2 demo has been released to some other companies:
guys! i just got a phone call from a friend at cadritech! he has the E3 PLAYABLE demo of HL2 which has 2 maps!
That quote comes from dr.hugo, from jurassic rage forums (check my sig).
It's unofficial, but I don't see why it would be false.
The question is now wether or not it will be released to the public.
He's going to try and burn it to CD, so possible info might pop up in the future.
*(Note: cadritech is a brazilian 3D animation company)

I dont see how it could be real since there was no E3 playable demo.

edit....but mabie he means the test levels from e3.

I dont think its real. If it was they would have had the demo on the Alcatras happeing

Originally posted by Fender357
I dont see how it could be real since there was no E3 playable demo.

edit....but mabie he means the test levels from e3.
Don't ask me, I'm just transmitting this as a third-party source.
He could be talking about the tech demo with the blue gravity beam though.

and any playable demo in any of the shows in general...

wow... is it just me or is a lot of stuff getting "leaked" today?

We might have to call a plumber, damn pipes! *shakes fist at pipes*

Highly unlikely.. There might be a small demo released with the 9800xt cards, or a benchmark soon, but I doubt it will be from the e3 footage we seen.

mechagodzila why dont you tell your friend that he could upload the e3 to you and you should publish it to public? :)

Its would be kewl with a small demo. Just one room and the pistol.

And some shit to tip over just for fun

But think if it had limited time? like in the postal 2 demo.
Would drive me cracy.

tell him to capture some video with fraps and send it to you. If not then screenshots. That way you know if he's telling the truth or not.

What the hell is with this community today? First it's that guy thinking Munro is Doug Lombardi, then it's some ***** saying he has the HL2 source code and now a HL2 demo? What's next, people thinking the delay is somehow related to the CIA? Oh wait...

Originally posted by Rico
wow... is it just me or is a lot of stuff getting "leaked" today?

We might have to call a plumber, damn pipes! *shakes fist at pipes*

Maybe the pipes only need a new Valve?

:cheese:

Originally posted by Ford the Word
Maybe the pipes only need a new Valve?

:cheese:

Yeah, this Valve has been letting out too much Steam lately.

Maybe he's talking about the HL1 map that people made similar to the E3 demo :/

Remeber lads, the Doom III Alpha was leaked. It's IS possible. Just unlikely.

Originally posted by Kitarist
mechagodzila why dont you tell your friend that he could upload the e3 to you and you should publish it to public? :)

I don't have it yet, so that's why there aren't any pics.

I don't know when dr.hugo will get it, but he said yesterday that he was driving down to get a hold of it. (He lives in Brazil, presumably close to the company that has the demo) When and if he gets it, I'm positive he'll post some screens at the jurassic rage site. If that happens, i'll relay info here.

Also, for those of you crying "FAKE!", you should know that hugo's not just some random guy who showed up at the JR forums. He's the lead skinner, modeler and animator for our mod, and has done work on CS and NS, as well as a bunch of other stuff. I consider him a VERY reliable source.

It also doesn't look fake, since if it were, why would he post it in the 'team only' forum and not the general member's forum?

Pls, we don't want these stuff! Stop leaking! I wan't it when valve releases it!!!

Damn everybody!

First the code and now the 3e demo...

I just registred on the http://jurassicrage.halflife-mods.com/ forum and I search for all the post from hugo silverio ( they guy who Mechagodzilla talk's about) and this last post was:

"Posted on: Sep 26 2003, 10:04 PM

install it yourself!

its like a game card. slap it. lick, blow, and then put it in the AGP slot and hold it up otherwhise it wont work

nintendo baby!!!!!!!! "

:cool:

The guy that leaked the source should be shot.
The guy that leaks a demo of HL2, I'll give him a beer :cheers:
Radeon: please , if someone handed you a CD with a HL2 demo, wouldn't you just install it and play it non-stop for the following 2 months? I :cheese:

If it's true or not, I have no idea, but I sure as hell want to test it, no matter how short it is! :cheese:

Back