What do you expect?

• Great conclusion

Votes: 136 70.5%
  • Decent end

Votes: 43 22.3%
  • Disappointment(Like most games)

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters
I would like to know a lot about him personally, that is one of the main reasons I played the games.

Actually I would also like to know more about gman too.

i think for a great ending it must end on a down note, whether gordon defeats the combine or not. it should return to gordon alone (where ever the setting) to create the feeling of him and only him exist. its that eerie feeling of loneliness that, i believe, made the first one so cool.

oh and at the very end it all fades to black and (no matter what happens to the gman throughout the game) you should hear his faint voice calling: gordon...

and then BAM credits

that would be tight

i think for a great ending it must end on a down note, whether gordon defeats the combine or not. it should return to gordon alone (where ever the setting) to create the feeling of him and only him exist. its that eerie feeling of loneliness that, i believe, made the first one so cool.

oh and at the very end it all fades to black and (no matter what happens to the gman throughout the game) you should hear his faint voice calling: gordon...

and then BAM credits

that would be tight

yes I like that idea very much it sounds interesting and would have a great storyline as well

Alright well this is ridiculous but i thought it was entertaining.

okay gordon and alyx are on some Caribbean island sharing some wine as the sun goes down and in the back round some vorts r roasting an advisor over a fire dancing around it. alyx and gordon walk back to their beach bungalow and alyx throws gordon on the bed and says "now about doing our part" and cuts the light. bam over.
not only does this stick to the theme of the ending of the games goin black, but its outrageously entertaining and finally shows alyx and gordon's relationship.
but gay as hell lol. cant help but think that would be a good ending. kinda james bond like lol.

ya gr8 lol
suiciderg0.gif

I could imagine her saying something like that, only to me mauled by a hunter seconds later. Killing her this time.

This probabaly is gonna be the end of the combine and their story in the half life universe and because they have gotten so big in the series, im sure, knowing valve, the ending of this story arc will be amazing... They wont just make it a shitty ending and not care, they are better than that...

I definitely think that this won't be the end of Half-Life. Gabe even said so in an article.

If it's not for sure then I would be completely disappointed. That would be a bad move from Valve.

I think he gave a big enough hint towards the idea of more Half-Life games in the future of the series. You can just never be too sure with Valve.

Cool end would be, like killing all new or old characters, maybe Alyx or Barney and then start a new game from clean paper. Giving player (Gordon) a new start. Maybe there is Gman involved like in the rest of games.

Without any pre-conceived idea of how Ep 3 will play out at all, I'm currently under the impression that killing off Alyx would be a little weird. The whole "we weave the Freeman's life with hers" in Ep2 would lose a little meaning. If she lives, then she may be in the post-episode 3 Half Life world. Half Life 2 introduced/expanded on characters from Half Life 1. I don't see why they can't do the same in a Half Life 3.

Alright well this is ridiculous but i thought it was entertaining.

okay gordon and alyx are on some Caribbean island sharing some wine as the sun goes down and in the back round some vorts r roasting an advisor over a fire dancing around it. alyx and gordon walk to the fire and gordon throws alyx on the fire and says "this is for making me do all the work you lazy bitch!" and pours petrol on her. BAM! over.
not only does this stick to the theme of the ending of the games goin black, but its outrageously entertaining and finally shows alyx and gordon's relationship.
but gay as hell lol. cant help but think that would be a good ending. kinda james bond like lol.

Much better :E

On topic: There will be an awesome ending

Someone should die in EP3 just to set the pace of the storyline, but it shouldn't be Alyx. I don't want it to be Barney who dies, either, but it might just happen.

If Valve are planning a HL3 I think it's almost certain that the g-man will figure in the story. That could mean another ending like the end of HL & HL2 to maintain the mystery of the character. It all depends on HL3 being a possibility or not.

I think they SHOULD kill off Alyx. Or at least Barney. It'd help bring back the isolated, menacing atmosphere that HL1 and HL2 had.

What is it with people wanting main characters to die? A few creepy new enemies and settings would be enough to set a "menacing" atmosphere.

I think really Barney and Alyx are important characters to keep in the story, as is Dr Kleiner to some extent.

Its Valve they have never messed up a ending.

Most games have disappointing endings, but the half life series isn't most games. I'd say valve will make a great ending just like in the rest of their games.

Im nervous about it, for it to be a good ending to me i want some conclusions. since the only person you have been in contact with that had answers died (eli) i couldnt imagine finding out much about gman or the higher power themes, advisors or the combine in general

From my point of view, the only game that Valve has really every concluded was the original Half-life. Half-life 2 led into EP1 and EP1 led into EP2. It's a lot easier to lead into something else than it is to end in a way that satisfies the majority of the fans. I don't think it's a definite thing that Valve will end the episodes well, but the story is definitely promising so far. Really, it's anyone's guess but I hope that Valve really finishes off the episodic content with a bang so they can wrap it all up with HL3, if that is their plan.

I hope the Vort-janitors from E2 figure-in.

Storywise, I ain't worried about the ending. It'll be classic. My only worry is if any grand-finale battle-royale might be an impossible-to-choreograph ballet-sequence of button-mashing...

and then BAM credits

that would be tight
Hm, i think Gman calling Gordon by his first name would be a bit uncomfortable for me.
I'd rather hear "Mr. Freeeeman~" again, like in Episode 2.

Alyx will say something along the lines of I love yo- and then SHE gets teleported away by the gman.

Fade to black.

I reckon at the end, Gordon should be alone, assumed missing and dead by all including Alyx, and then Gman fast forwards time.

He would show all future events including a mournful Alyx putting flowers at the graves of both Eli and Gordon at a mass memorial (a gust of wind sends shivers down her spine), reconstruction of cities directed by Magnusson (complete with hardhat), Alyx marrying Barney, and Kleiner taking readings of equipment and looking confused and horrified at the results.

Then cue HL3 and the impending love triangle :p

My mind would actually turn into feces if the series ended that way. The last thing half-life needs is a terrible and frustrating ending like that. Valve has to reward the player, not spit in there faces.

I have faith that valve is going to deliver something hopefully kickbutt.

Although I had faith in Steven King to do the same with the Dark Tower *shivers*

Back