the entity prop_physiks_multieplayer

F

FreemanM

1. How do I make my models stand still ? My prop_physiks always crash down or fall to one side if I load a level. Even barells that are planted ecactly on a flat ground ...

2. How can I switch off this effect, wich pushes the player back like a flummy from models ? I dont like that.

3. Do you also have problem in moving models in wc without changing its radius ? Thats so lame :x

thx for help and sorry for my bad English ...

1. Set the physics impact to force to a low value, like .01 or lower.

2. Use a prop_physics entity, just don't expect it to work out very well. CS:S only uses prop_physics_multiplayer

thx !

So there are o real physiks possible in CSS ? That sucks ...

What it means to me as a mapper is that the prop_phys_multiplayer entity should not be used to enhance gameplay. In its current form, it is annoying to say the least.

What it is best suited for is secondary environmental effects. Basically you have to treat the prop_phys_multiplayer entity as a pole with inifinite height, as no player may jump on one or have one fall on him/her properly. For example, my map contains a chandelier that may be shot at, restricts player view, but will not interact with a player in any other way than shooting. They also make good explosion effects for when the bomb goes off. They COULD be used to block passages off, but if rubble falls on a player, he bounces away harmlessly and realism goes out the window.

While the prop_phys_multiplayer entity is very fun to use as a cover tool, when a player tries to push one or jump on one all sense of realistic physics is lost. This to me is too much of a sacrifice, given the realistic intent of the game.

So as of right now all we can use in maps is prop_phys_multiplayer?
Anyone know if they plan to incorperate prop_phys for the next SDK?

Why is it that some of the models, such as cars or tires do not show up on the map, but they do in the render?

Back