The Fastest You've Ever Completed Half Life 2?

S

St4n

I think the fastest time I have ever completed half life 2 in must have been about 7 hours. I have played it through a few times though. It took me about 12 hours on my first run through. Ravenholm seemed to last forever. The quickest i have ever done ravenholm is about 20 mins to half an hour.
I didn't cheat at all for any of this.
Anybody completed it any quicker?

Took me around a week to complete it first time around, at the moment I could complete it in around two days, generally since im doing other things

I donno. I never bother with speed runs. I usualy take my time playing for the second time, exploring every nook and crany.

ok, do loading screens count, if not Im gonna time it all with a stop watch, also the loading between deaths? and exploiting maps and glitches is ok.... Im gonna see what the best time i can get. like i said before im gonna use a stop watch and add up the time i get. * chances are im not ever gonna do this becuase of my short attention span, half life 2 is fun and all, but after playing it a million times my mind starts to wonder and i get bored. *

The first time i needed 10 hours, but later i have played the whole game in 6 hours without rushing it. I did it taking all the time to play without exploits or cheats because i wanted to take everything with Fraps. The full movie is a little more than 6 hours, but i could certainly play much more quickly and reduce it to 4 hours without having to cheat or use exploits.

I donno. I never bother with speed runs. I usualy take my time playing for the second time, exploring every nook and crany.

Trying to absorb more of the story in hopes of getting questions answered... :p

I don't understand why anybody's interested in how long it takes. I just think the longer the better, and I just love wandering around maps, especially after I've killed all the enemies. Or, trying to sneak up upon them or figuring out a new way of dealing with them. Even with Hard, some fights are so damn easy that I have to find new ways of making it more of a challenge for me. And I tend to play the same way every time without thinking about it, so I try to make an effort to do it differently every time. And I love taking 'photos' imagining I was on a holiday and taking souvenir pictures. :p

It took me about one day on my first try, then about 4 hours after a lot of practice.

It is a whole lot easier on the Xbox, but it takes away from the fun things, like mods and console commands.

*sigh*...

I haven't tried yet, when I play everything over again I try to absorb the story and explore more stuff.

Never did a speed-run, but I think about 8-ish hours.

I've played it in 10 hours just going at my usual pace

I could probably do it in 7-8 hours if I hurried.

I don't understand why anybody's interested in how long it takes. I just think the longer the better, and I just love wandering around maps, especially after I've killed all the enemies. Or, trying to sneak up upon them or figuring out a new way of dealing with them. Even with Hard, some fights are so damn easy that I have to find new ways of making it more of a challenge for me. And I tend to play the same way every time without thinking about it, so I try to make an effort to do it differently every time. And I love taking 'photos' imagining I was on a holiday and taking souvenir pictures. :p

That doesn't make any sense though. Anyone who does a speed run surely has played through the game once slowly, it's just....it's nice to do a speed run for some fun, shake things up a little.

Just because you do a speed run once doesn't mean you've always played the game that way, it's just a different way of experiencing the game, and a bit of a challenge.

And the guy who did the speed run linked in this thread is a god.

The first time i needed 10 hours, but later i have played the whole game in 6 hours without rushing it. I did it taking all the time to play without exploits or cheats because i wanted to take everything with Fraps. The full movie is a little more than 6 hours, but i could certainly play much more quickly and reduce it to 4 hours without having to cheat or use exploits.

Generally impossible without exploiting.

It's around 6 hours without exploiting.

Very hard though.

Back