The Grammar Nazis... of DOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just thought of another pet peeve:

retarted

Here's what www.dictionary.com has to say for retarted:

No entry found for retarted.

Did you mean retarded?

It is sad and pathetic when people can't even get their insults correct.

Only ones that piss me off are 2 and 4. The other points are just small things I dont really care about. Number 2 is a pet peeve of mine. :p

edit: On the topic of number 2 (Useing u and r, not you and are), ingame I dont really mind, as most people just do it to type faster. I would myself but its second nature for me to type you and are, as well as please, thanks, etc etc. But on a forum you can take your time to type things out, theres NO reason to use u, r, plz, thx.

Brian Damage said:
I've got no problem with the occasional typo, or maybe the odd LOL, but you're right, some of that stuff just makes me want to bash people over the head with a remedial comprehension textbook.

Hahahahahaha!!!! Now that's what I call a tag-worthy scentence!

All this talk about using "r" and "u" in Counterstrike is absurd. Sure it's okay then - but we're not playing Counterstrike right now! You have plenty of time to type - you don't have to write me a doctoral dissertation, but at least type in complete sentences!

I agree, and a tendency to use off instead of of, and too instead of to.... freaking me out.... Actually once I stopped playing CS I took a vow(sp?), to never speak the word with laughing out loud shortened... so far I've been doing good.... I just hate that word! :D

Narcolepsy said:
6.) And my ultimate pet peeve: their, there, and they're. There is a difference - those letters aren't just there to look pretty!

My english teacher is a half-life fan!!!!!

OMG LOL and WTF are acronyms and if they fit in the sentence there's nothing wrong with them. Maybe an annoyance if overused, but if I quickly type "OMG did you watch that video?" on the net there's nothing wrong with it.

edit: **** I got linked from another thread and thought this was new.

RakuraiTenjin said:
OMG LOL and WTF are acronyms and if they fit in the sentence there's nothing wrong with them. Maybe an annoyance if overused, but if I quickly type "OMG did you watch that video?" on the net there's nothing wrong with it.

Uh, 2 year old thread?

I read this really great and hilarious essay on "grammar nazis," except the author reffered to them (and himself) as "snoots."

It was about how there are two opposites to the spectrums: grammar nazis and people who just won't write correctly, and both are victims of language.

I can't remember the whole essay now tho -_-.

Christ, didn't realise this thread was 2 years old till I saw a post by Farrowlesparrow. It's not the first time that happened either.

most of us dont speak english as our native language so stuff like this is what happens.

ARGH! Don't do that to me, I thought poseyjmac was back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back